PG on 8/13

Daw6id

Why the b2b instead of one of the longer cruises to the Marquesas? That's what I wanted to do, but timing didn't work. We were on the Mariner in Alaska last year, our first Radisson cruise - and we're really looking forward to this one. I love to snorkel. Hope we meet on board.

David

Timing on the Marquesas Cruise didn't work with our schedules either so B2B it is. We are going to try and do all of our PADI certification on board with dives over the 2 weeks. We will probably try our hand at snorkeling too. Hope to meet you on board as well.

We'll be joining you too. Honeymooners, who LOVE to snorkel and do any of the water excursions. This is our first cruise period, so we have no idea what to expect. REALLY looking forward to it though.

Hope to meet you all on the ship! Hopefully we can get a little group on here before then.

The other posts of large groups, etc. have made me a little nervous. Anyone hear anything about large groups on our sailing?

Looking forward to meeting all of you on board!

Kacey and Dennis

Going on Radisson for your first cruise could spoil you for life! We've cruised Royal Caribbean and Renaissance before, but will probably never go back to that level of service again. I too love to snorkel and am looking forward to lying face down in lagoons and watching the fish as my major exercise.

David

We (Jan and I) are so excited about this cruise--it is our honeymoon and we are in our mid-30s (gasp!) Jan ( is a "he"--not a "she" btw) is 37 and I (Tracey) am 35.

We are going to do the full SCUBA certification and my personal goal is to learn how to waterski if possible. We are flying over 2 segments--Washington DC to LA an o night in LA then to Tahiti on Saturday.

We are hoping to find other fun people to have dinner and drinks with --not necessarily newleyweds--just people who like to have fun--We enjoy our wine and Jan enjoys his cigars but we also plan to be pretty active. Since we are doing 2 weeks on the ship, it is not necessary to have our schedules filled up every hour . We are hoping to relax as well. I am going to try and stay up late-I am usually fast asleep by 10PM. Maybe we can get a group together--new cruisers and figure out the smartest way to make the most out of our time. Looking forward to meeting you all!:)

Tracey, we'd love to join you and Jan. Have a "post wedding", "thank goodness all the planning is over" drink on the ship! :) Dennis and I are both in our late 20's (27) and would love to meet some new friends. Is the 13th the first or 2nd leg of your B2B?

David, I'm sure we'll be face down in the water with you. I'm going to tried to get SCUBA certified before then, but snorkling will be just as great.

Crissy, we are both in the area. Good idea to do the 2 leg trip from Phili, that is going to be a long ride otherwise.

When are you all flying out to Tahiti?

Looking forward to some fun in the sun!

Kacey and Dennis

We're also flying out of JFK non-stop on 8/13, returning on Sunday after a night at the Radisson. I figured that would be enough time for Papeete and the Gaugin museum.

David

• 1 month later...

We would love to meet up! We can also try to do dinner one of the nights together. Either way, we are in!

What excursions is everyone going on? We've pre-registered for the Shark/Ray Feeding and the Lagoonarium. Also, we'll probably do the 4x4 tour too.

Can't wait!

Dennis and Kacey

Hi to all of you who will be on the August 13 PG embarkation. We did the June 11 - 21 trip. We were also on the PG for 2 weeks last year. We are experienced snorkelers and snorkeled at every island. Even though we did not need any snorkeling lesson we took advantage of going with Dominique on his guided excursion in the lagoon at Taha'a's Motu Mahana. He pointed out to us things we would have never found on our own. If we had gone with him last year we would have gotten a great view of an octopus. This year he spotted an octopus but by the time he was able to swim to it the creature had managed to hide well inside a coral head. We were able to see a part of a tentacle. At one point Dominique pointed out a squiggly line in the sand on the bottom and asked if I knew what made it. I replied, some kind of univalve shell. He said that was right and he then waved his hand over the sand in one location and then held up a member of the auger family that was about 3" long. On our way back into shore, just a few feet from the shoreline he pointed out a small hole in the sandy bottom and instructed us to watch it. He said that within 5 minutes we would see first a goby fish then a shrimp come out of the hole. Well, we only had to wait about 1 minute and they both started to pop up. We got photos of them!

We also signed up for the Lagoonarium. I'm going to do the Water Walk with helmut too. Still debating about others. I decided on the first day to 'take it easy', as we're arriving at midnight Saturday [which is 6 am NY time]. I'm still unsure what, if anything, to sign up for on Monday - our day at the Motu. Let's meet for tea and plan dinner.

David

We are doing scuba certification, the Moorea photo tour, the waterfall hike, the waverunner around Bora Bora and the off road adventure--this is spread over 2 weeks since we are B2B, but we would lovee to meet people for dinner or cocktails.:D

Just to be clear to all of you, all the various activities you have available at Motu Mahana are free of charge. If you're over there at 11:00 am and feel like going in the water at that time with your snorkel gear you can join Dominique for his guided tour. You don't have to sign up for it or anything.

• 3 weeks later...

JanR: Were you able to sign up in advance for your scuba certification? We intend to do our open water check out dives but have not found anywhere to sign up for them. Excursion booking is open but it doesn't mention this. How can I sign up in advance.

Thanks,

David

I am counting the days. Lets meet for tea in the lounge - I'll be with my wife. I'm 6'2 and wear glasses, she's got white hair [since she was 16!], and we'll stake out a bigger table. We were trivia champs last year on the Mariner, so I'm ready to compete. We'll plan dinner then. Don't overpack - it's a casual cruise.

David

Hi

We have been really busy-the wedding is tomorrow and Friday we are on our way!!!!

We have to sign up for the entire SCUBA course on the ship

We are in 745C so please look us up--we would love to meet everyone for drinks!

Jan and Tracey

Archived