Room 1688 on the Mariner...can we get a rollaway bed?

If you are not going to be using the sofabed, then there will definitely be more than enough room for an inflatable bed. I am wondering though if the room steward would actually make that bed up for you? 1688 and 1388 are pretty large rooms and have to be the coolest bargain on the Voyager class ships. A C sized room for a D sized price. And lemme tell ya, you can't be that view!

My b-i-l and s-i-l had 1388 on the Navigator a few years ago and we had a B Suite. Their bedroom area was about as large as ours, the only difference being the size of our bathroom and that small bar/foyer area you get in the B suite.

We would need to use the sofabed also, two kids, boy and girl. I thought I read that you need to ask your room steward

The only concern I have is not getting one. The 12 year old does not want to sleep with the 7 year old :eek:

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

Kim

When are you cruising? We are leaving June 12 so I can let you know when we get back.

I have the same situation - 12 year old boy and 6 year old girl, we have 1388. I know they used to allow rollaways in those cabins but of course by the time I thought to call and ask I was told no. We bought an inflatable twin bed to take along with us. I will ask for the rollaway when we get there. If we need the inflatable, we will have it; if not, a quick trip to Target when we return and I will have my $30 back. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kim

We had no problem getting a rollaway for our room. Well, a little problem because we didn't ask for it until later in the day and our room steward wasn't sure if there would be any left. He said we should have asked him as soon as we saw him, but that is another story :)

Anyway, he did get one for us and it worked out pretty well. The sofa bed was actually bigger than I thought it would be, more like a queen size rather than full size. The only complaint was from my stepson the 2nd night because he had agreed to trade off with my daughter, and as it turned out he was too tall for the rollaway. After that they kept their respective beds and it worked out great.

Stepson is 5'6" and his feet were hanging off the end of the rollaway bed. He was a lot happier on the sofa bed.

It was pretty good overall... dampened by my 6 year old having a major meltdown on Wednesday (fortunately confined to our room and not the public places, but stressful still).

The kids both enjoyed the heck out of their programs. My stepson was in the Living Room or Fuel as often as we would let him be, my daughter couldn't wait to get up to the Explorer room every day. They have great people in there and so much for the kids to do. And it keeps them out of the sun!

My words of wisdom for this cruise... room service breakfast on port days :)

Archived