NY Immigration for Roundtrip TA cruisers.

maz48

We are soon off on our first roundtrip Transatlantic cruise and are so excited.

For those who have done this from the UK, how do they manage the immigration for those doing the B2B, particularly if you are not going off sightseeing? We are going to decide on or just before the day depending on health and weather.

We have done a B2B on DCL and we all had to meet at a set time and were led out to immigration after the departing passengers had left. Once we cleared immigration we went out of the building and back through to the check in lounge where we waited about 30 minutes before checking in for the new cruise and then we could go back onboard. Wonderful.

I am hoping it is it something similar.

We are soon off on our first roundtrip Transatlantic cruise and are so excited.

For those who have done this from the UK, how do they manage the immigration for those doing the B2B, particularly if you are not going off sightseeing? We are going to decide on or just before the day depending on health and weather.

We have done a B2B on DCL and we all had to meet at a set time and were led out to immigration after the departing passengers had left. Once we cleared immigration we went out of the building and back through to the check in lounge where we waited about 30 minutes before checking in for the new cruise and then we could go back onboard. Wonderful.

I am hoping it is it something similar.

It is similar, you will need to have completed an ESTA online and then you disembark at your leisure and once the ship is empty you will be allowed to reboard. There is no leading you around though.:)

I haven't done Back to Back TAs, but on our recent trip on QM2 we had a transit day in NY before the rest of the trip to New England/Canada.

The information that we were given in the Daily Programme, was that everyone has to clear immigration even if you don't intend to go into NY. However, you could leave the ship after everyone else has got off, go through immigration and then get straight back on the ship. Apparently you can't back on the ship until after a certain time (I think it was about 11:00am, but you will be notified in the Programme), so leaving it until later to get off the ship and clear immigration means that you can get straight back on.

You shouldn't need to go through the check-in process again in NY if you are checked in for the return cruise in Southampton, so it is quick to get back on.

Hope this helps and enjoy the trip.

William

Thank you all. How silly I am for forgetting we are round trip and not B2B!:roll eyes:

I am glad to have it all sorted now though and another thing to cross of the long list.:D

ESTA's are done. Just need a cabin number now.

I have done a back to back TA. We left the ship early to get a shuttle into Manhattan so went through immigration as usual, and on return just showed our cruisecards and walked onto the ship. No need to check in again.

Was this a recent trip and if so was the Shuttle organised by Cunard ?

We were hoping to get to Central Park Manhattan but have been told that Cunard do not operate a shuttle bus service in New York.

Was this a recent trip and if so was the Shuttle organised by Cunard ?

We were hoping to get to Central Park Manhattan but have been told that Cunard do not operate a shuttle bus service in New York.

Cunard offer a number of shore excursions in NY for those passengers like you in Transit. One such excursion is a transfer to Manhattan with drop-off and pick-up near Macy's. Price in September this year was $40 and we received a booking form automatically from the Tour Office a few days out of Southampton.

This is a little way from Central Park so the alternative is a cab (there was a recent thread about this). I'm not sure whether there will still be traffic problems in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

If there is more than one of you, it is easier to get cabs and will probably cost you no more than the excursion plus you travel when you want to rather than having to wait around for someone who just had to go to the bathroom. We can talk about it at the M&G if you come :)

Archived