Our First Ever Cruise - Magica 4th July

twojays

Nice to know I am not alone in the amount of time I am spending on here!

I must say I have noticed your name (TDOTCRUISER) and yours (Jo42) on other boards that I have been looking at.

You have all been so helpful - I will not be afraid to ask another question - when I think of one.

I have got so much information in my head now - I will have to let it all sink in.

Thanks again to all of you who have helped me.

When we arrived at Milan we had to wait till the ones who had lost their luggage had filled in the relevant forms. We were underway after about 1.5 hrs. The coach went straight to Savona, no pick ups.

I told you about the queuing system whereby everyone on your bus is given a number and when that number is called they then go forward to board.

Here's a hint. There are 2 queues to board and nearly everyone goes to the right queue and hardly anyone goes to the left hand queue. They can't start boarding other passengers till the queue in the R/H queue dies down so what they do - they take the odd passengers at the L/H queue to keep the flow going otherwise they'd be standing there doing nothing.

Obviously we discovered this too late but hope it helps you get onboard earlier. (If you don't try, you'll never know). There are some seats just in front of the area where they check people thu so sit there looking anxious!!!

You can always ask your cabin steward for glasses. We like red wine & champagne glasses & have never had any trouble getting them.

Another thing - there is only 1 pillow each and I like to sleep with 2 so you can ask for extra pillows. You need them also if your lying back reading.

Lesleyfb - many thanks for your input today - I will bear in mind what you have said about the queues etc,. and thanks for mentioning about the pillows - I really do like to have 2, so I shall ask for another , now I know that I can!

Archived