Just returned from our first cruise

skiladyldp

Hello, we just returned from our first cruise. It was a 10 day cruise, "Accent on Italy". Since this was our first cruise, I was on this board a lot for help and you all really helped a lot. We stayed in Rome pre cruise and in Venice post cruise. Our hotel in Rome was Artemide, which was a great hotel, good location, helpful staff, clean and the best free breakfast buffet I have ever seen. We stayed at Hotel Ala in Venice. This is a good hotel, clean rooms, good location by San Marcos Square, helpful staff, good free breakfast buffet and a great american bar to have drinks.

Our cruise room was 9053 an A4 catgory. The room was close to the elevators (no noise) and close to the laundry room. We paid for the Prestige Beverage package and found it to be a good value. I also paid for the unlimited internet package and found it to be fast and a good value if you need to be in communication with home or business.

We booked many ship tours and found our guides to be very knowledgeable and personable. We also just got off at some of the ports and did not take tours. In those cities we shopped, explored or got lunch.

The food on the ship is all that we have heard. It was excellant! We went to all the specialty restaurants and went back a second time to the Pollo grill. We tried to get more reservations for the specialty restaurants but they were booked up. The service was very good at all of the restaruants, specialty, Grand Dining room, Terrace and waves.

Our rooms were always made up fast and everthing was always perfect.

We have booked a second cruise but it will be sometime in September 2014 so we don't have a date yet since those iteneries are not out yet. We were so spoiled! Thanks to everyone on this board all my questions were answered.

Archived