Carnival Cruiser Sails Royal Caribbean ~ Navigator to Italy, France, Spain ~ 10/28/12

gapearl

Thank you!

Kim, thank you so much for taking all the time to write this review and add all those pictures. I know it's quite an effort but I assure you, it is totally enjoyed and appreciated! DH and I are on the Navigator in January and you've got my beegeebers all revved up!

I noticed that most of the time you're selecting vegetarian dinners. Thanks for posting the pictures of these meals as that is most likely what we'll be eating. I'd love to say that we will be sticking to our nutratarian diet (mostly vegan, whole plant food based diet) but I'm sure the temptations will get us. Sure wish there were more selections for people who choose not to eat animal products though.

Did you by any chances visit the sauna or steam rooms in the spa area? I was just wondering what those were like as we like to give ourselves our own personal spa time each day. I'm a swimmer so I like to get my workout in and then relax with a steam.

Thanks again for your excellent review. I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Trish

Thank you!

Kim, thank you so much for taking all the time to write this review and add all those pictures. I know it's quite an effort but I assure you, it is totally enjoyed and appreciated! DH and I are on the Navigator in January and you've got my beegeebers all revved up!

I noticed that most of the time you're selecting vegetarian dinners. Thanks for posting the pictures of these meals as that is most likely what we'll be eating. I'd love to say that we will be sticking to our nutratarian diet (mostly vegan, whole plant food based diet) but I'm sure the temptations will get us. Sure wish there were more selections for people who choose not to eat animal products though.

Did you by any chances visit the sauna or steam rooms in the spa area? I was just wondering what those were like as we like to give ourselves our own personal spa time each day. I'm a swimmer so I like to get my workout in and then relax with a steam.

Thanks again for your excellent review. I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Trish

Thanks for reading!

I'm not a vegeterian, but I don't eat much meat (chicken and turkey only). I'm also a picky eater. I also wish the options were a little better, but I always had that pasta in the pomodoro sauce as a back up.

Yes, I visited the sauna every day. I never used the steam room room though. The sauna was nice and hot. There was never more than two other people in there. Most times I had it to myself. There's also a hot tub at the entrance of the gym if you want to relax in there as well.

Have fun on your cruise! :)

Bonjour! It’s been 10 years since my first trip to France and I was happy to be back again. We didn’t have anything planned, so we were going to wing it like we did in Genoa. We finally left the ship around 11 am.

IMG_2781copy.jpg

IMG_2785copy.jpg

IMG_2789copy.jpg

Testing the life boats.

IMG_2787copy.jpg

There’s an information booth at the port after you exit the ship. I stopped by there and they gave me some information on Toulon and a few brochures on things to do. You have to take a ferry from the port to Toulon. It’s $16 and will be added to your sea pass card. The line was long, at least a 20 minute wait. The ferry ride was about 15 minutes.

Jackie and I on the ferry.

IMG_2795copy.jpg

More from the ferry ride.

IMG_2799copy.jpg

IMG_2819copy.jpg

IMG_2824copy.jpg

Today was a holiday (All Saints Day) and a lot of attractions and museums were closed. Toulon has a little tourist train that picks up at the port where the ferry drops you off, drives through town to the beaches, and back to the port again. They run every 20-30 minutes. The ride is only 6 euros, and for free you get a cranky driver that speaks English but pretends like he doesn’t and an annoying automated commentary that takes great effort to ignore.

What a beautiful place! I'd love to vacation here in the summer.

IMG_2847copy.jpg

IMG_2849copy.jpg

IMG_2852copy.jpg

We got off the train pretty hungry. We walked around to some of the restaurants to find some lunch, but they were all too expensive. There was no way we were about to spend 30 euros on a meal. Instead of stopping to eat, we went out to play *I bet I can be a better supermodel than Tyra Banks* and had our own little photo shoot. We spent about 30 minutes on the beach and the rocks and taking pictures.

Say cheese!

IMG_2933copy.jpg

IMG_2923copy.jpg

IMG_2855copy.jpg

IMG_2892copy.jpg

IMG_2868copy.jpg

IMG_2885copy.jpg

We found a little stand that sold crepes. YAY! We got two crepes with chocolate and two Cokes for 7 euros. I got to practice my rusty French when ordering.

Jackie has the goods!

IMG_2947copy.jpg

OOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

IMG_2953copy.jpg

We spent about an hour at the beach before taking the next train back to the city center. We browsed through some of the gift shops for about 20 minutes before deciding to catch the next ferry back to the ship. The ferries ran every 15-20 minutes.

Pictures from the ride through town.

IMG_2956copy.jpg

IMG_2966copy.jpg

Back at the dock headed to the ferry.

IMG_2975copy.jpg

Some nice ladies from Nigeria. They were part of a group of about 70 people.

IMG_2978copy.jpg

While on the ferry, we talked to a guy from New York. Sandy had just hit I believe two days before, so I asked if he had been in touch with his family back home. He said his brother’s house and two cars were flooded and he also had some damage at his house. It must have been hard hearing this, being so far away with nothing you can do. I hope that he, his wife, and their friends traveling with them are all ok.

They were still working with the life boats when we returned. Here's what they look like on the inside.

IMG_2991copy.jpg

We were back on the ship at 3 pm and headed straight to the Windjammer for a big lunch.

Curry chicken, my favorite!

IMG_2994copy.jpg

I had my mandatory after lunch nap and woke a little after 5. All aboard was at 5:30, and the captain made an announcement at 5:25 that we were still missing 17 passengers. Gosh I hope they made it! I hadn’t watched us sailaway from a single port yet, so I headed up to one of the top decks to enjoy the view and take a few pictures.

IMG_2997copy.jpg

IMG_3013copy.jpg

Tonight was our second formal night. Jackie and I switched tables tonight to eat with some of the awesome new friends we had made.

Jackie looking beautiful in her little black dress.

IMG_3054copy.jpg

Me rocking a little hot pink number. I think we clean up nicely!

IMG_3044copy.jpg

IMG_3020copy.jpg

IMG_3021copy2.jpg

IMG_3022copy.jpg

IMG_3026copy.jpg

I had a house salad as my appetizer.

IMG_3023copy.jpg

For my entree, I had the roasted Thai herb-crusted chicken breast with an extra side of mashed potatoes.

IMG_3024copy.jpg

The dessert sampler. Very good indeed!

IMG_3042copy.jpg

Two of our table mates were newlyweds, and the waiters sang “Happy Honeymoon To You!” to the tune of Happy Birthday. One of the waiters took a napkin, tied their wrists together, and made them kiss. It was really cute. Later the chefs came parading through the dining room to The Black Eyed Peas. The head chef said they prepare 20,000 meals a day! Then he introduced the guy that peels the potatoes. He peels 2,000 pounds of spuds every day!!! :eek: My hero! He got a standing ovation.

IMG_3031copy.jpg

IMG_3036copy.jpg

We went back to the room to change out of our dresses and headed to Quest. If you’ve never played Quest, it’s a ton of fun! It’s basically an adult scavenger hunt, but you have to find the things you need in the room….or on a person. It can get pretty raunchy! It’s preached over and over that children under 18 aren’t allowed, but there were still a couple. There were six teams, and we were on team #5. It started out innocent enough. Money, picture on a cell phone, sock with a hole in it (no need to rip one, just show the hole where you put your foot), etc. Then it got worse. Simora asked for a set of false teeth. This one man took out his teeth, passed them to the team leader, and then all the other team leaders borrowed them to get their points. He got his teeth back and put them right back in. Seriously, I'm not creative enough to make this up. It was a hot mess but hilarious. I scored points for my team when she asked for a team member with a tattoo, and later when she asked for a team member with a body piercing, ears not included (belly ring, get your mind out of the gutter). I’m not gonna tell what else I did for points. :o Some things should just stay on the cruise ship! The game ended with a bunch of men looking like they were going to a casting of To Wong Foo: The Sequel. My team got third place. A warning to the men: DO NOT volunteer as team captain if you’re shy!

The entertainment staff dancing and getting the audience ready.

IMG_3060copy.jpg

Everyone headed to the Ixtapa Lounge for a meet and greet with music and dancing with the cruise director and entertainment staff after Quest. I wasn’t feeling it and went to Bolero’s for a drink with some new friends from California. Latin Express wasn’t playing tonight, so it was mighty quiet in there. Me and the other girls headed back to Ixtapa around 12:30 am. The Dungeon was hosting a teen event, so our dance party was relocated. No worries! DJ Drag@n was back and it was another fun night! Especially once he played that Daddy Yankee song! :D

The red carpet was set up outside Ixtapa.

IMG_3074copy.jpg

The packed dance floor.

IMG_3068copy.jpg

Me with DJ Drag@n.

IMG_3071copy.jpg

Can't wait to read the rest of yiour review, but will hate to see it end!!-Claudia

This review has been a blast to read! Thank you sooo much!!

I'm really enjoying reading your review! :D

Thanks to you all for reading! I still have plenty more review left after the cruise, including 2 days in Barcelona and airport drama coming home! :eek:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We're sailing on the Navigator from Rome in April and its great to know that we made the right choice. We were also in Toulon in August and I really wish we'd found that beach! We saw the little train but didn't take it - but we'll know for next time! I look forward to reading more. Thanks! From a fellow flight attendant ;)

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We're sailing on the Navigator from Rome in April and its great to know that we made the right choice. We were also in Toulon in August and I really wish we'd found that beach! We saw the little train but didn't take it - but we'll know for next time! I look forward to reading more. Thanks! From a fellow flight attendant ;)

You definitely made a good choice! Will you be going back to Toulon on your next cruise? Big hug to another crew member! :)

What a charming review, love the pictures & your fantastic attitude towards life :)

Keep it coming!

Thanks for the nice words! I'm glad you're enjoying. :)

They were still working with the life boats when we returned. Here's what they look like on the inside.

IMG_2991copy.jpg

This looks like a multiperson outhouse!!

Sorry - I couldn't help it.:D:D Showing my age and background!

Kathy

Edited by petesweet

Loved the Halloween pics. I absolutely adore that shirt you were wearing...I have to find me one for next year. lol.

Toulon looks beautiful....wishing I were there right now after the week this has been.

Can't wait for more... :D

This looks like a multiperson outhouse!!

Sorry - I couldn't help it.:D:D Showing my age and background!

Kathy

Yikes, I wouldn't want to use one of those! :eek:

Enjoying the review and pictures. Just want to subscribe for updates.

Thanks for reading!

Kimberly, I met DJ Dragon on my Allure cruise back in January. You are right, he was awesome and very personable. I got one of his mix CD's as well. He's an excellent DJ. The best I've seen on RCCL.

He was one of the best I've seen anywhere. RCCL is very lucky to have him.

Loved the Halloween pics. I absolutely adore that shirt you were wearing...I have to find me one for next year. lol.

Toulon looks beautiful....wishing I were there right now after the week this has been.

Can't wait for more... :D

Thanks! I got it from Target. It's put away until next year. :)

Sorry it sounds like you've had a bad week. Put yourself in your cruise happy place! :D