Carnival Cruiser Sails Royal Caribbean ~ Navigator to Italy, France, Spain ~ 10/28/12

gapearl

Thanks so much for this review :) we're booked on Navigator next April for the transatlantic out of New Orleans so it was great to see pictures of the ship and some of the ports we will be stopping at.

Your tips for Rome and Barcelona are great too - we will be staying on in Europe for a week after the cruise so this info will definitely come in handy!

I want to do the underground tour and was wondering if I need to buy these tickets in advance or if the guided tour you purchased at the Colosseum included this part?

Colosseum- 4 euros extra for a guided tour. Admission included in Roma Pass.

Thanks so much for this review :) we're booked on Navigator next April for the transatlantic out of New Orleans so it was great to see pictures of the ship and some of the ports we will be stopping at.

Your tips for Rome and Barcelona are great too - we will be staying on in Europe for a week after the cruise so this info will definitely come in handy!

Awesome, thanks for reading! I hope you have a great trip! :)

I want to do the underground tour and was wondering if I need to buy these tickets in advance or if the guided tour you purchased at the Colosseum included this part?

I'm actually not sure about tickets for the underground tour. I didn't even know there was one until we saw people down in that area. It was not included in the 4 euros unfortunately. We would have enjoyed that.

Hi Kim: Luvd Ur review too. I met U briefly on GOS in MATFROMFL's owner's suite party. The hubbie and me were sitting on the couch near the balcony. I don't believe we spoke to each other.

I read UR Med review bc the other Mat left a link on GOS M&G roll call. I agree with others that U sure have a flare for writing. Made me chuckle quite a lot. I lived in Italy (I was a WAC) in the late 70s, and I know first hand how the average Italian man on the street can be. I didn't appreciate it at the time bc I traveled (or tried to trave) solo in Italy, and I found them way too aggressive.

Anyway, I'm working on my My Friend Mario reviews of our Panama trip, so I know how much time is involved in this typing is. Thx for what you have done.

Christmas is at my door, so I concentrate on that. Plus exercise to stay limber. Happy Holidays everyone.

Hi Kim: Luvd Ur review too. I met U briefly on GOS in MATFROMFL's owner's suite party. The hubbie and me were sitting on the couch near the balcony. I don't believe we spoke to each other.

I read UR Med review bc the other Mat left a link on GOS M&G roll call. I agree with others that U sure have a flare for writing. Made me chuckle quite a lot. I lived in Italy (I was a WAC) in the late 70s' date=' and I know first hand how the average Italian man on the street can be. I didn't appreciate it at the time bc I traveled (or tried to trave) solo in Italy, and I found them way too aggressive.

Anyway, I'm working on my My Friend Mario reviews of our Panama trip, so I know how much time is involved in this typing is. Thx for what you have done.

Christmas is at my door, so I concentrate on that. Plus exercise to stay limber. Happy Holidays everyone.[/quote']

Hi, thanks for the comments! I think you have me mistaken for someone else though. I've never been on the GOS, and I haven't been anywhere near an owner's suite on any ship I've been on (although it would be nice!). I'm glad you enjoyed reading. I love to be entertaining. :D Happy holidays to you too!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your review was awesome! It was like I was on this cruise with you. I had a 9 day Med cruise on Carnival booked, but had to switch it to a Caribbean cruise.

Hopefully I get to go in 2015 because 2014 is already booked. I'm glad you had a wonderful cruise.

But I was waiting on the answer to your riddle that was given to you. How did 5+5+5 = 550?

And what was your gift at the end of the cruise?

I am almost positive I had you on a JFK-SFO flight (I won't mention the airline) but since your Atlanta based I know which one.

I remember how vibrant you were and helpful. How is Kathy Lee doing(the one who swags her finger saying "Smoking is not allowed" on the safety video). I know they have updated their videos since.

Anyways please feel free to add me as a Cruise Critic Friend. I'm 27 almost 28 and I love cruising. Your review got me so excited for my cruise and I can't wait for the week in Roma(:.

Best,

Daniel

Can't wait to read more of your reviews.

Edited by travelplus

Great review!!! I loved all the pics. And details of your trip. I'm looking to do an itinerary like this in he future.

Thanks for the comments! Sorry I'm late responding, just noticed them when this got bumped up. :o

Umm' date=' I have to make a trip to wherever they are!!!!!! Good lord![/quote']

I know! :D I never had an empty glass thanks to them! ;) They even taught me a little bit of Arabic.

Your review was awesome! It was like I was on this cruise with you. I had a 9 day Med cruise on Carnival booked' date=' but had to switch it to a Caribbean cruise.

Hopefully I get to go in 2015 because 2014 is already booked. I'm glad you had a wonderful cruise.

But I was waiting on the answer to your riddle that was given to you. How did 5+5+5 = 550?

And what was your gift at the end of the cruise?[/quote']

I hope you get to make it to the Mediterranean one day as well. It's so beautiful. I'd recommend early fall, as it was still pretty hot our first few days in Rome. I wouldn't want to be doing the amount of walking we did in the summer heat.

As for the riddle, you can add 1 number....anywhere. Add a 1 to the top left corner of the first + sign, turning 5+5 into 545. Imagine that. :cool:

The gift was the cd DJ Dr@gon gave me the last night.

Thanks for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

Looking forward to reading your trip report. My Father and I will be taking the Navigator from New Orleans-Rome and we are stopping in Ponto Degaldo Azores, Toulon France and Livorno Italy so I look forward to seeing your phots as well.

If you get some time in New Orleans before your cruise, be sure to stop by Cafe Du Monde for a coffee and some beignets, and also Snug Harbor down in the French Quarter for a monsoon. It's a HUGE, cheap, fruity drink that will sneak up on you, so SIP SLOOOOOOOOOW. Otherwise your night could be a disaster. :eek: Hopefully my review helped you a little. Have fun!

I am almost positive I had you on a JFK-SFO flight (I won't mention the airline) but since your Atlanta based I know which one.

I remember how vibrant you were and helpful. How is Kathy Lee doing(the one who swags her finger saying "Smoking is not allowed" on the safety video). I know they have updated their videos since.

Anyways please feel free to add me as a Cruise Critic Friend. I'm 27 almost 28 and I love cruising. Your review got me so excited for my cruise and I can't wait for the week in Roma(:.

Best,

Daniel

Can't wait to read more of your reviews.

My next cruise is in 3 weeks, so be on the lookout for another review about this time next month. Be prepared to be one of the younger cruisers on your TA. Still not gonna confirm or deny which airline. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I know! :D I never had an empty glass thanks to them! ;) They even taught me a little bit of Arabic.

I hope you get to make it to the Mediterranean one day as well. It's so beautiful. I'd recommend early fall, as it was still pretty hot our first few days in Rome. I wouldn't want to be doing the amount of walking we did in the summer heat.

As for the riddle, you can add 1 number....anywhere. Add a 1 to the top left corner of the first + sign, turning 5+5 into 545. Imagine that. :cool:

The gift was the cd DJ Dr@gon gave me the last night.

Thanks for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

I'd learn Arabic for them. LOL. Let me stop...I'm being so bad and making myself look thirsty. LOL We were going in October...I think that was one of the better months to go...I think.

Ok, I would have never figured that riddle out. That was amazing. And duh, I should have known that was the gift. For some odd reason I kept thinking something was delivered to your cabin.

I'd learn Arabic for them. LOL. Let me stop...I'm being so bad and making myself look thirsty. LOL We were going in October...I think that was one of the better months to go...I think.

Ok' date=' I would have never figured that riddle out. That was amazing. And duh, I should have known that was the gift. For some odd reason I kept thinking something was delivered to your cabin.[/quote']

LOL we're too much alike. :p

You're headed to the Mediterranean in October? Are you canceling the Breeze?

By the way, I skimmed through your Victory review. Do you remember the name of the rum you bought in Barbados?

LOL we're too much alike. :p

You're headed to the Mediterranean in October? Are you canceling the Breeze?

By the way, I skimmed through your Victory review. Do you remember the name of the rum you bought in Barbados?

No, I had to cancel the Mediterranean for October; I'm now booked on the Breeze for the same month, just towards the end of the month now.

I purchased Cockspur Rum Punch for myself and I want to say I purchased the actual rum for my friend. I think it was the same brand; Cockspur.

Girl, I attract foreign men.

And thank you for somewhat reading my review. :p I was going to post pictures, but then I saw that was too much of a headache...especially after I got an error on the first attempt.

Thank you so much for the great review and pictures. We are hitting a few of the ports in May and will also spend 4 days in Barcelona. Your info on everything was very helpful.

I know what you mean about the S. American itineraries. There is one I have seen for March that I am tempted to book.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that your review was entertaining and informative. Thank you so much for sharing your vacation and your views. I a relatively new to traveling and i will be going on my second cruise in May. My first cruise that i went on i went by myself and had a great time. I can really appreciate the solo traveler experiance. I look forward to sharing my vacation pictures as well. Thanks again.

No' date=' I had to cancel the Mediterranean for October; I'm now booked on the Breeze for the same month, just towards the end of the month now.

I purchased Cockspur Rum Punch for myself and I want to say I purchased the actual rum for my friend. I think it was the same brand; Cockspur.

Girl, I attract foreign men.

And thank you for somewhat reading my review. :p I was going to post pictures, but then I saw that was too much of a headache...especially after I got an error on the first attempt.[/quote']

Have you looked into booking another Mediterranean in the future? Put it back on your bucket list if not!

Thank you so much for the great review and pictures. We are hitting a few of the ports in May and will also spend 4 days in Barcelona. Your info on everything was very helpful.

I know what you mean about the S. American itineraries. There is one I have seen for March that I am tempted to book.

Thanks for reading! Barcelona was great. At least you will be there when the weather will be nice enough to enjoy the beaches. I hate we missed them!

I'm still going back and forth about booking a South America cruise. I'm already sort of planning a tentative land trip to Brazil (Rio), and adding on one of the cruises from Sao Paulo would be so awesome. Financially though, I don't think I'll be able to do both. It might have to be either the land trip or the cruise. Oh, decisions! Time to start studying Portuguese, just in case. ;)

Love your reviews Kim.

As always, thanks for reading! :)

I just wanted to say that your review was entertaining and informative. Thank you so much for sharing your vacation and your views. I a relatively new to traveling and i will be going on my second cruise in May. My first cruise that i went on i went by myself and had a great time. I can really appreciate the solo traveler experiance. I look forward to sharing my vacation pictures as well. Thanks again.

Thank you! I think you meant to post this on my other review for the Valor though. This review wasn't the solo one, but it's all good. ;) Thanks for the comments and for reading both reviews! Have fun on your second cruise! You'll have a third cruise booked in no time. :)

• 1 month later...

Jackie saw this fountain and decided to be silly and play a trick on me.

She posed me for this picture and I had no idea what she was doing. I cracked up at this all night.

PA260025copy.jpg

I can't wait to do this with my two granddaughters, 11 & 13.....I can hear them now, "Oh Naaaaa Naaaaaaa!" Hehe!

Love your review and still reading it. We go on the NOS this June to the E. Med, can't wait!

I can't wait to do this with my two granddaughters, 11 & 13.....I can hear them now, "Oh Naaaaa Naaaaaaa!" Hehe!

Love your review and still reading it. We go on the NOS this June to the E. Med, can't wait!

That'll be a fun picture when you get it! Thanks for stopping by to read and have an awesome time on your cruise! :D