century wine cruise

janines

WE received a postcard advertising the April 27 repositioning 8 day cruise from San Diego to Vancouver. I read a review from Sept about the same type of cruise in the fall. It stated the Century was going into dry dock in April 2013.

The intinerary sounds good, but the overall ship and food is questionable.

Please send any more info to me.

thanks,

janines

WE received a postcard advertising the April 27 repositioning 8 day cruise from San Diego to Vancouver. I read a review from Sept about the same type of cruise in the fall. It stated the Century was going into dry dock in April 2013.

The intinerary sounds good, but the overall ship and food is questionable.

Please send any more info to me.

thanks,

janines

The dry dock was canceled or postponed depending on what the real story is :confused:

The ship, crew and food were fantastic on our Oct 5th cruise, we'll be back for another Hawaii in April. :)

We took a 10 night version of this cruise in September. The food, service, entertainment, and itinerary were wonderful. We booked this cruise mainly because of the itinerary and were not disappointed. The ship's cabins need an update, but we knew that before the cruise. If you like the ports and get a good price, I would recommend this cruise.

We did not book any excursions through Celebrity, other than a shuttle bus into and out of Victoria. Below are the ports we stopped at and what we did:

Nanaimo, B.C. This is a lovely town. Free shuttle buses were provided to get you into town. We walked along the water and browsed the shops and enjoyed the scenery. We also walked to a craft fair and watched a cannon being fired.

Victoria, B.C. If you haven't been to Butchart Gardens, this is the major attraction in this port. Celebrity offers excursions to the Gardens. There are also private tours to the Gardens. Since we had already visited the Gardens on a previous trip, we went to the Royal British Columbia Museum, and then walked around the beautiful town.

Seattle. We took a cab to the Chihuly Exhibit - it's next to the Space Needle. We then walked to Pike's Market. The original Starbucks is across the street from the market. Some people took a tour of the Boeing plant and liked it.

San Francisco. We docked on Sunday at 3:00 p.m., and departed on Monday at 8:00 p.m. On Sunday, we walked to Pier 39 (ship is docked at Pier 35) - about a 10 minute walk. It was crowded, but lively - full of shops and restaurants. Some people took a tour of Alcatraz - either through Celebrity or on their own. On Monday, we took a private tour of Sonoma and Napa wineries with Best Bay Area Tours. We booked this tour about 3 weeks before the cruise with Alan of Best Bay Area Tours (tel. 877-705-8687). They offer a number of tours in the San Francisco area. Alan will pick you up right outside the cruise terminal and bring you back there. He has a 12 passenger van. I would recommend Alan and his tours. We found out about Best Bay Area Tours on the CC roll call for our cruise.

Monterey. We didn't leave the ship because I had a very bad cold. Our plan was to go to the highly rated Aquarium and tour Cannery Row nearby. We had previously done the 17 mile drive and gone to Carmel. They are worth visiting, if you haven't gone there before.

Catalina Island. We had a relaxing day - browsed the shops and enjoyed walking around the island.

We enjoyed this sighting wine cruise. We were fortunate to have beautiful weather for the entire 10 night cruise. You can google any of the places mentioned above if you need more information.

We took the north bound coastal on the century this past may. We already knew we loved the ship and crew, classic elegance ship and very happy friendly crew:)

We took a shore excursion thru celebrity in Victoria that was a winery and distillery tour that was very good.

We also took a Sonoma winery tour with terrific tours while in SF and found a half price deal for the HOHO bus tour in SF. We rented a golf cart on Catalina island and walked to a couple of the brew pubs in Astoria and took the public bus up the hill, great view:)

I highly recommend the ships and itinerary.

We are booked on the century for an LA round trip cruise in April 2014:D

Archived