Do I need to bring rainjackets or umbrella??

maggieworkman

We are going to the Bahamas in June. Should I pack a rain jacket or bring an umbrella?? I was thinking if it was raining on the day we were in Nassau, we would probably still go to Atlantis since there is a lot to do inside. But ... we would need a rain jacket to get from ship to Atlantis??

Do you bring one??? It seems with space being an issue, I don't want to bring something. But then I don't want to regret having NOT brought it either.

I do have those little rain jackets that fold up onto themselves to make a little pouch. We use these for Disney World. Should I pop those in?? Or maybe those cheap disposable ponchos???

Maggie

It's always a good idea to take one of the little fold-up ponchos when visiting the tropics! (They take up only about 2" of space.) An unexpected shower can start at any time....and stop just as suddenly.:) Those little ponchos can cost up to $5 on the islands!

I keep several on hand - one in my purse, one in my car, and one in my makeup kit (ready for travel). $1 at Dollar Tree. I wasn't a boy scout, but "Be Prepared" is my motto.:D

I will be on the Destiny in Mid June.

I will be going to San Juan and then a stop in Dominica. Both have Rain Forests so does that mean that there will be Rain??

Thanks for the tip about the Rain Poncho :)

If it is hot and humid, those rain jackets are going to be very uncomfortable, I would do the poncho if I were to make that choice.

I've only been to the Bahamas once, but I took an umbrella along, as we went to Disney World first. The umbrella was used more for shade while standing in line than anything else. I had quite a few people comment they were going to pick one up to get some relief from the hot sun.

Archived