China Focus Tours

katz

I went on a China Focus 3 week tour about 10 years ago and it was very nice. It included a 4 day cruise on the Yangtze. As I remember the boat was fine, nothing real fancy but there are a lot more China Tours now so I'm sure things have changed. All the hotels we stayed in during the land portion were very, very nice. Our guide was great and we also had a local guide in every city. They all spoke very good English and were very knowledgable. I was please with the tour and at the time the price was reasonable.

That is correct. The boat we were on if I remember correctly was the M S Star Dipper. I just tried to google it and got no results except for information on the current river cruises. The China Focus information should tell you the name of the boat. As I mentioned in my other post, the ship was very nice just not real fancy like the pictures I have seen of the River Baroness that I am going on this December.

Thanks, Maxie and Barbara,

I appreciate your input. We had friends just return from a China Focus tour and they had intestinal problems most of the trip. I was wondering if this was just something to be dealt with when visiting China, or if it had something to do with this particular company's choice of restaurants and ship.

Thanks for your posts.

You might search the Trip Advisor boards for China tour info. I don't recall any problems with China Focus when I did my research ( decided to wait until2014).

Lots of tips for staying healthy in China can be found. Sometimes tummy problems are part of traveling, I hope your friends recovered and weren't too ill.

At all our meals they served bottled beverages. We all carried small bottles of hand sanitizer and used it before each meal too. The meals were pre ordered and they would just bring dish after dish to the table but when the watermelon came you knew that was the end. Sometimes it was a guessing game as to what a dish was, so you have to be adventurous and just try a little. When you are touring there is almost always a stand that sells bottled water or bottled beer. I am usually the one to get sick and I had no problem.

Archived