Regent - call back standard

aohkay

Not that I am defending this...ok, I am...

sometimes emails get lost and the miraculously show up...or someone is supposed to call back and they put the reminder on their calendar under the wrong day, month or even year....or someone takes over for a departed employee and either on his own, or is directed, to follow up on the leads from the person who is no longer there

Having said all of that....it is indeed very curious when it happens with a cruise ship line that is SUPPOSED to offer good service.

I cannot help but wonder if it is their service!:D I called them a couple of weeks ago for some information. The person that I spoke to was going to

send me an email with detailed information and then call me to discuss booking. After a couple of days of 'nada", I called and left a message because we were very serious about booking. I received a telephone message the next day of "I didn't have time to send you pricing but I have now sent you an email" - it was a link to their website. I have not called them back. Needless to say we are not booked on Regent. We are not prepared to spend $$$$$ for that type of service. The service was far superior from RCI for the $349 labour day weekend special on the old Monarch of the Seas!!!! We are not fussy people but Regent's supposed superior service was too much for me. :eek:

I cannot help but wonder if it is their service!:D I called them a couple of weeks ago for some information. The person that I spoke to was going to

send me an email with detailed information and then call me to discuss booking. After a couple of days of 'nada", I called and left a message because we were very serious about booking. I received a telephone message the next day of "I didn't have time to send you pricing but I have now sent you an email" - it was a link to their website. I have not called them back. Needless to say we are not booked on Regent. We are not prepared to spend $$$$$ for that type of service. The service was far superior from RCI for the $349 labour day weekend special on the old Monarch of the Seas!!!! We are not fussy people but Regent's supposed superior service was too much for me. :eek:

Interesting comment, because it is my understanding that the same company that owns Oceania also owns Regent.

Interesting comment, because it is my understanding that the same company that owns Oceania also owns Regent.

Correct, both Regent and Oceania are owned by the same company; however, they are two different products marketed to a slightly different demographic.

Wripro: I agree, it would have been a lot less embarrasing for the company, had they not called me back at all. The rep knew that my inquiry was made almost three years ago; poor girl.

No company, no matter who it is, is so busy they can't clear the backlog of calls/emails within three years.

I find it hard to believe there is a backlog in this case!

When I took over a small not-for-profit, I found phone messages, notes and even uncashed checks in drawers, in piles on shelves, and even in storage boxes.

It was challenging to contact all of these people, but I felt they all deserved a response. A few thought I was crazy to contact them years later. I was able to collect about 72% of the donated funds by inviting those with uncashed checks to reissue their donation.

My thought is that a new sales agent has come on-board and was searching past leads from other agents.

I have never been on a Regent cruise, but I can highly recommend the service we have received from Oceania customer service! Our calls and questions were quickly and efficiently handled.

Archived