just learned my child gets a pull out trundle

I can't imagine that will be any fun. The room is already small. Inside cabin. Last time we took her she had a pull down bed that came out of the wall. She loved and it left plenty of room to move around all day. I can just see us crawling over each other just to go to that bathroom in the middle of the night.

Me and my two daughters had an interior with a trundle bed on the Sensation. My 20 yr old daughter slept on the trundle and she was comfortable. There was enough room to walk to the bathroom at night without tripping over anyone.

Even worse, I get the trundle on Paradise in Jan, and I'm a super sized adult. Lol I will deal with it, no worries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We were on the Paradise in May, my son is 6'5 and they changed out the trundle for a regular twin and put it in the corner of the room we had just enough room to walk between the beds.

Paradise2012Cruise341.jpg

Just curious did they charge you more for the 3rd person that's on the trundle?

I booked a room for my parents and brother on the ecstasy for this winter cruise and the 3rd person was charged more then the first 2. Seems odd.

That happens sometimes. Rates vary wildly based on capacity and demand and can change lots of times for the same sailing.

I can't imagine that will be any fun. The room is already small. Inside cabin. Last time we took her she had a pull down bed that came out of the wall. She loved and it left plenty of room to move around all day. I can just see us crawling over each other just to go to that bathroom in the middle of the night.

Not for nothing but wouldn't you have inquired as to the cabin configuration at booking :confused: Hope she fairs well in her bedding.

You might want to reconsider your moniker. :cool:

I have found the set up to be better when you use 2 twins instead of a king.

This way the 2 twins and the trunnel make a U in the cabin with leaves plenty of access to the beds at all times.

I have found the set up to be better when you use 2 twins instead of a king.

This way the 2 twins and the trunnel make a U in the cabin with leaves plenty of access to the beds at all times.

This is how ours was set up. And my daughter put the trundle under one of the two twin beds during the day to maximize our walking area.

We booked 2 insides on the Imagination. I asked for a 2 pax cabin for DH and I with a 3 pax cabin next door for our 3 teens. PVP booked it and did not tell me that pax #3 will have a trundle. I discovered it by looking at deck plans and reading on here. One of my twin DDs (who will be 14 when we cruise and currently is 5 foot 6) will sleep on it. I too would much prefer a bed that flips down from the cieling. I keep debating switching cabins...will have to go with an OV if I want 3 actual beds. I don't think it will be too much of a problem especially considering they have sleepovers all the time and cram onto sofas/chairs/bean bags/the floor in the living room and do just fine. And it is only a 4 day cruise.

Edited by laumicmah

100_5903.jpg

As you can see there's plenty of room to walk. Rollaway with feet under dresser. Inside cabin on Paradise/Inspiration.

Great picture...thanks for the visual.

We even use twins if there is an Upper...just make more room.

On one cruise, they put the two singles together to make a double bed and the cot was pushed against the opposite wall. We wanted them in the u shape but the Steward had made it up with double sheets so we decided not to make a big deal about it.

It was uncomfortable for the person against the wall to crawl over the outside bed and left less room to move around in. Also left less room for my walker, which ended up in front of the cabin door, blocking the bathroom.

I wonder if there's a way ti contact housekeeping in advance as to how you want the beds arranged?:rolleyes:

(Note: I'm disabled and parents don't do bunks, so getting an "upgrade" wouldn't work in our case and PVP knows our situation).

Edited by ccruisequeen

• 1 year later...