Bon Voyage Gifts, Early Saver, and FCC Question

cruzinlisa

Question 1- Does anyone know if there is a way to find out exactly what you have ordered for your cabin? Can you call Bon Voyage or Carnival and find out? If so, what number do you call. Will they tell you?

I have bought a few booklet of drink coupons here and there and I am trying to remember the exact number that I have already bought. :eek: Theoretically I could look at the receipts, but either I got some and did not keep the email or they did not send them (leaning more towards that since I have emails saved from the cruise before last in 2009!) I can't look at my bank statement because some of them are not that recent (and it would take forever). I don't want to buy too many of them. ;)

Question 2- What is the process to switching from another rate to ES. Do you call or do you have to cancel and rebook. Has anyone had trouble doing so. Also, wondering if its even worth it. Right now I am booked at past guest, which is the same rate as the current ES rate. I have not seen the price drop at all for ES. But I do feel like its kind of high right now. I am pretty sure we will go, but not 100% because we do not have vacation approved yet. Its not likely that it will get denied, but it could happen. Mainly I would do ES for price drops.

Question 3- When does the ES rate go away. Cruise is April 21. It is a 7 day cruise. So would that be November 21? Or is November 20th the last day. Decisions.

Question 4- I have a FCC that I have not applied yet. I am not sure whether to wait to apply it or not. If I were to apply it and for some reason we had to cancel, what happens to the $100 paid, and the $100 OBC. Do they transfer or do we lose them.

Thanks in advance.

Bon Voyage will tell you, just call their 800# - I had called to purcahse something and really had to resist the urge to ask if SO had ordered anything, but the woman on the phone did say she would tell me if I asked.

For switching to ES, its just a phone call, I can;t help with the date question, and the rate can be pulled earlier.

Can;t help with FCC, sorry!

I really don't know the answer about the drink coupons...even I printed out the email and forgot where I filed it and re-bought coupons for my hubby for later this month..oh well, I am sure they are not going to go to waste.

I think you have to give the booking number, so perhaps Carnival will know what you have purchased against that booking? Good luck !

Switching to ES I believe takes a phone call but only once you are absolutely sure you are going on that particular cruise...you will lose the $50.00 admin. fee if you cancel that new ES cruise or make any changes.

We have gotten 3 price drops on our April cruise for next year so far...so they do happen. I like the part about still getting the OBC for price drops after final payment is made.

I think the ES rate disappears like 90 days prior to sailing, but I also got a niggling thought that sometimes it is capacity controlled??? Someone can verify that I am sure...hopefully!

As for the FCC, we went ahead and applied it to our existing booking, that unfortunately we will be cancelling and rebooking another cruise...our Carnival PVP said that the $100.00 from the balance and also the $100.00 OBC travels over to the new booking...since you will be keeping the same booking number, just a different cruise.

Hope this helps somewhat..I am learning new things everyday about cruising.

Question 1- Does anyone know if there is a way to find out exactly what you have ordered for your cabin? Can you call Bon Voyage or Carnival and find out? If so, what number do you call. Will they tell you?

I have bought a few booklet of drink coupons here and there and I am trying to remember the exact number that I have already bought. :eek: Theoretically I could look at the receipts, but either I got some and did not keep the email or they did not send them (leaning more towards that since I have emails saved from the cruise before last in 2009!) I can't look at my bank statement because some of them are not that recent (and it would take forever). I don't want to buy too many of them. ;)

Question 2- What is the process to switching from another rate to ES. Do you call or do you have to cancel and rebook. Has anyone had trouble doing so. Also, wondering if its even worth it. Right now I am booked at past guest, which is the same rate as the current ES rate. I have not seen the price drop at all for ES. But I do feel like its kind of high right now. I am pretty sure we will go, but not 100% because we do not have vacation approved yet. Its not likely that it will get denied, but it could happen. Mainly I would do ES for price drops.

Question 3- When does the ES rate go away. Cruise is April 21. It is a 7 day cruise. So would that be November 21? Or is November 20th the last day. Decisions.

Question 4- I have a FCC that I have not applied yet. I am not sure whether to wait to apply it or not. If I were to apply it and for some reason we had to cancel, what happens to the $100 paid, and the $100 OBC. Do they transfer or do we lose them.

Thanks in advance.

Archived