Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina

TheMastodon

We are booked on the Dec 9th sailing of the Allure, and are flying into Ft. Lauderdale a day early.

We are staying at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina.

A few questions..

1.) Any suggestions on good places to eat lunch/dinner

2.) Any fun bars by the ocean to hang out in?

3.) The hotel appears to be very close to Port Everglades, I assume the best place to watch the ships leave on Saturday is out on the edge of the beach. Is it easy to walk there?

4.) Any other suggestions on solid places to watch the ships leave?

Did you realize that this hotel is not on the beach? It's right by the water taxi, but not much right there at the hotel.

The best place to watch the ships is from the balcony in your room (if you have a balcony, port-view room).

Here are a couple of pics from our stay last year:

IMG_3992.jpg

CIMG1380.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

Yes, this is why i asked if its an easy walk to the beach to watch the ships leave.

Nice pictures!!!

K, just wanted to make sure.:)

It really isn't an easy walk to the beach. We actually chose this hotel only because of the views of the port. I got up very early on embarkation morning just to see Oasis coming in. She was a beauty all lit up!

Not really any restaurants around either. We ordered pizza & had it delivered for dinner. We just hung out by the pool and had the pizza.

We had breakfast in the hotel, but would NOT do that again. It was $20 for 2 biscuits and 1 coffee. It the food had been good, it would have been worth it, but the biscuits were horrible.

We have stayed there twice before and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. I believe there is an Einsteins right up the road for breakfast. We really enjoy a place called Kelly's Landing, great seafood and maybe 10 minute walk from hotel.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mislead the OP in any way about the restaurants. I think it's about everyone's perception on what we consider nearby. For us, we think of nearby being right next door, across the street or down the block. We aren't really wanting to walk 1/2 mile down to place and then 1/2 mile back, unless we're just really bored.:)

Also, we found the street where the Hilton is to not be very pedestrian friendly. We've only stayed there 1 time, so I don't know the area as well as so many others. I was just trying to recall from memory and noticing things as we were going to the hotel.

I am glad to hear there are things nearby though. I will keep that in mind for our future cruises out of FLL.:)

Archived