C-pap advice

We cruise and travel quite a bit. I use a ResMed machine, with a humidifier that is about 7 years old. I have no problems with it, except it is a bit heavy to carry around airports. It is my understanding that some newer ones are very small and light. If you have one of the new ones, and are very satisfied with it, could you please tell me the name and model? You can respond here, or on my e-mail. Thank you.

perrydg2@hotmail.com

I have a Sandman Auto CPAP with a heated humidifier from Puritan Bennett that I travel with. It is also my main machine. Fits nicely in my carry on with room to spare. However you need to realize different brands have different algorithms and breathing patterns. Resmed now makes smaller more travel friendly units which would be the same as your current system just smaller. I suggest you look at some of the on line CPAP stores as they are significantly less than. They have comparisons in sizes and reviews from users.

I use a resmed compact with no complaints, small about half the size of a toaster. I got a resmed elite on my last upgrade, do not like it at all. sounds like a airplane prop coming through your nasal sinuses. I will look elsewhere for my next machine.

Hi. I been upgraded to a Fisher & Paykel ICON. It has humidifier (optional), ramp, alarm clock with 10 differents alarm sounds, time and date that iluminated during the night, control for the humidifier so you can pick how much heat you want or if none, you control the brightness of the clock during the night and so many other features. Just talk to your provider. Also the masks have been change a lot. Now they have Mask for Her or for Him which are smallers and many other options. The carry case is very convenient. Good luck and go and upgrade, Oh, this one is very silent.

We leave on the Oasis in two weeks and my husband just got his first ever CPAP machine yesterday. It is a RESMED S9 Series. The medical rep that brought the machine states that it is very light and easy to carry for travel, make sure to "carry-on"!!

Safe travels!

I have the Intellipap Auto-Adjust. Nice and small. I did notice on my cruise 3 weeks ago that I had to take my machine out of my carry bag at the airport for screening. This was the first time I had to do this. I suggest putting your machine in a clear plastic bag before packing it. Those bins at the TSA stations aren't the cleanest things around.

We cruise and travel quite a bit. I use a ResMed machine, with a humidifier that is about 7 years old. I have no problems with it, except it is a bit heavy to carry around airports. It is my understanding that some newer ones are very small and light. If you have one of the new ones, and are very satisfied with it, could you please tell me the name and model? You can respond here, or on my e-mail. Thank you.

perrydg2@hotmail.com

Here's what I use... it's been a great machine, a real life changer.

http://respironicssleeptherapysystems.respironics.com/

-germ

Archived