Carnival dream or freedom of the seas

lbbythesea

We have been on over a dozen cruises but are going with 2 other couples who have never sailed. We have been on both Royal Caribbean and Carnival and I cannot make a decision. Pros and cons to both. I heard that the Dream is very crowded. Any thoughts. Looking at April, inside cabins, eastern caribbean.

You have already been spoiled by the "Allure". Luckily, these two couples have never cruised before, so they have nothing to compare it to. Personally, I would go with the Freedom. We loved that ship.....(well, not as much as the Allure or the Oasis..lol). :o

For the first timer I would vote for RCI. The price is more but you would have a beautify ship etc. We had been on the Dream 3 times and the last one was last week and the one before it was May 2012. Carnival had cut deep on their food quality in the main dinning room.

Good Luck and Happy Cruising.

We did Freedom OTS last year and it was absolutely amazing (you can read my review if you want). We are doing the Legend so we can get a balcony room, but you get what you pay for on Freedom of the Seas. That was one amazing cruise and definitely a good way to get anyone addicted to cruising!

Another vote for Freedom of the Seas!

We sailed on Carnival Dream, and while that cruise was very enjoyable, the experience just can't compare to Royal Caribbean's larger ships.

Even if the ships and price were absolutely identical, there's a BIG reason to choose the Freedom: COCO CAY!! Carnival Dream goes to Nassau (UGH!)

Archived