This made me laugh!

Grez

Ships was going to Egypt and had to cancel because of unrest

They went to Israel instead

Isreali immigration wanted to start the interviews early

I would have thought Thomson had to comply, imagine the conversation

'we don't want you to start the interviews until 9am because our passengers are kn.....ed'

'we start at 5am or dont bother docking'

simple really.

Our Jan.2011 Red Sea Magic was diverted to Aquaba in Jordan and Eilat, Isreal due to political unrest in Egypt.

Because of Jordan first, the ship's staff must have had enough time to plan contigency moves and the immigration procedures at Eilat were done at a decent hour of the morning, although at a slower pace than most ports of call.

Isreali immigration procedures are VERY rigorous - they even interview crew who are staying onboard - and they set the agenda, no ifs, buts or maybes.

Each and every person disembarking was questioned by an official in the large immigration hall before being allowed to proceed.

Our Jan.2011 Red Sea Magic was diverted to Aquaba in Jordan and Eilat, Isreal due to political unrest in Egypt.

Because of Jordan first, the ship's staff must have had enough time to plan contigency moves and the immigration procedures at Eilat were done at a decent hour of the morning, although at a slower pace than most ports of call.

Isreali immigration procedures are VERY rigorous - they even interview crew who are staying onboard - and they set the agenda, no ifs, buts or maybes.

Each and every person disembarking was questioned by an official in the large immigration hall before being allowed to proceed.

if they say bend over you bend LOL

Loads of hilarious quotes in this article, my favourite being - "Mr Bookbinder, who lives in Derby, said: "This was supposed to be a luxury cruise aimed at an elderly population."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/David-Bookbinder-Cruise-ruined-3-30am-wake/story-17264290-detail/story.html

lol:D this appeals to my sense of humour...thanks for posting this:cool:

what a 'ray of sleet' that guy must be:D

Clearly judging by the comments! On the second photo on that article, anyone else think that he looks like he is in handcuffs or is it just me? :confused:

http://www.thelawyer.com/labour-councillor-drops-eight-year-libel/93104.article

And there's more, we had all better be careful what we write or else a writ may be winging its way over here for Libel :eek: so just to clarify (and not to get anything served on me) that comment was my own personal opinion and not of CC its forum, users or any other connected parties :)

http://www.thelawyer.com/labour-councillor-drops-eight-year-libel/93104.article

And there's more, we had all better be careful what we write or else a writ may be winging its way over here for Libel :eek: so just to clarify (and not to get anything served on me) that comment was my own personal opinion and not of CC its forum, users or any other connected parties :)

Ditto! :)

I of course know he isn't in handcuffs, I'm purely pointing out that the way the picture has been taken it makes it look like it. :)

What an idiot he is, that's the problem with this country now, people try to sue for anything, which means people are less likely to help others for fear of being taken for everything you have (like the time a train guard helped an old lady onto a train, she slipped and she then sued him for not helping properly :rolleyes:).

Now, if he was on this crusie, fair enough - http://www.cruises.co.uk/109-cruise_news/32643-late_arrival_wrecks_eclipse_cruise.html?utm_source=161112&utm_medium=BN&utm_campaign=NEWS, but he wasn't.

Archived