On a B2B in Charleston SC, can I get off for the day easily?

dulcimergirl

We would love to do Patriots Point, but wouldn't want to have to stand in the lines to get aboard again. Is there an easy on option for someone staying on the ship for the next leg? Whats the earliest we can get off? Inquiring minds want to know. lol Thanks, I've tried the search and didn't find anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I did my first B2B on Fantasy a month ago. They do a great "silent" disembarkation, and the ship was empty by 9:40. Of course, there was a huge line of people waiting to clear customs/immigrations after having found their luggage.

Anyway, you will receive a letter in your cabin on the last day of Leg 1. I stayed on the ship. There was only 1 couple plus me doing the B2B. We met in the lobby by the service desk, were given our new cards, took our passport/ID & customs declarations, old and new cards, were "dinged" off using the old cards, had our IDs checked, dinged on with the new cards, and back on the ship.

Here's the exact wording for what you want to do...

"Should you wish to enjoy your day outside in Charleston, you can disembark as soon as the vessel is cleared by the local authorities. You can re-board the vessel through the Embarkation terminal by presenting your cruise ticket, travel documents and this letter to our embarkation staff at the VIP line in the Terminal Building once embarkation has started (approximately 11:15 am). Please not that you should return to the terminal no later than 3:30 pm."

The thing is, in Charleston, there is no separate VIP line until you get through security. It seems to me that you'd have to get in all the lines with everyone who is embarking for that leg of the cruise. You just wouldn't have any luggage, but you'd still have to go through security to enter the terminal. And, of course, there's this shuttle bus riding procedure.

Since they have your new S&S card onboard, I would think you'd need to get it from the service desk before you disembarked, although it doesn't state that in the letter. Otherwise, how do you get back on? Your card won't be at the VIP checkin in the terminal.

But you should have plenty of time to go out and explore. Charleston's a beautiful place to visit.

Archived