When can you get to the rooms? Suite and Disabled.

MtnBikerFallDown

OK, I swear, I have posted more questions before this trip than I have all my others combined. Who knew that elderly parents could make for so many "fun" last minute issues?! :rolleyes:

Mom and Dad are booked in a Junior Suite (we're on Fantasy, BTW), and Dad will be in a wheelchair (I've alerted Carnival's Special Needs department, or whatever they are called, and they were SUPER about getting his information on and even offered to add stuff to his cabin before we got there. Cannot say enough wonderful things about them). My question is, do the suites open sooner than the rest of the rooms, sort of like a FTTF thing, but for those passengers? Or, possibly open earlier if you are disabled?

Not that I think he's to be placed on a pedestal or anything, I'm just worried he might get tired and need to crash a bit, so I'm trying to time getting to the port and getting him in just right. I love to get to the ship the second they'll let me, but if it'll be a while 'til we get him in the room, I may wait (which might kill me, but I'll try, LOL).

Anyone know? Again, thanks so much to everyone who has chimed in on the multiple posts I've had to post to figure out what all to do with his "issues" and making his (most likely last) cruise a very special one. I owe you guys. :)

OK, I swear, I have posted more questions before this trip than I have all my others combined. Who knew that elderly parents could make for so many "fun" last minute issues?! :rolleyes:

Mom and Dad are booked in a Junior Suite (we're on Fantasy, BTW), and Dad will be in a wheelchair (I've alerted Carnival's Special Needs department, or whatever they are called, and they were SUPER about getting his information on and even offered to add stuff to his cabin before we got there. Cannot say enough wonderful things about them). My question is, do the suites open sooner than the rest of the rooms, sort of like a FTTF thing, but for those passengers? Or, possibly open earlier if you are disabled?

Not that I think he's to be placed on a pedestal or anything, I'm just worried he might get tired and need to crash a bit, so I'm trying to time getting to the port and getting him in just right. I love to get to the ship the second they'll let me, but if it'll be a while 'til we get him in the room, I may wait (which might kill me, but I'll try, LOL).

Anyone know? Again, thanks so much to everyone who has chimed in on the multiple posts I've had to post to figure out what all to do with his "issues" and making his (most likely last) cruise a very special one. I owe you guys. :)

If you are on a ship that has FTTF then suite guest cabins are available early without purchase of FTTF. The disability aspect doesn't have anything to do with it.

Handicapped guests are among the 1st to board (just after weddings), but those cabins are not ready early unless FTTF is offered on that ship and has been purchased.

If you are on a ship that has FTTF then suite guest cabins are available early without purchase of FTTF. The disability aspect doesn't have anything to do with it.

Handicapped guests are among the 1st to board (just after weddings), but those cabins are not ready early unless FTTF is offered on that ship and has been purchased.

Got it! We're on Fantasy, and they don't offer FTTF. So, I am thinking we will probably get there later, so he won't have as much of a wait.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

My experience traveling with someone in a wheel chair is that they and by extension those traveling with them (not the whole clan but usually someone other than the spouse) get lots of assistance. And, I don't think people who book in a suite have ever had to kill time waiting for it to be opened for them. It might not be thoroughly set up but they always let peeps drop off their carry-ons. Even in a non-suite we always were given access to the room. Just check with one of the stewards cleaning on your deck when you get on board and they will gladly let you in (or that was ALWAYS) my experience.

Ive been early boarded with my parents and have an adapted cabin, but unless you go after the cabins are ready about 1:30 I've Never been able to get into my cabin early. The heavy doors blocking the cabins from public areas are too hard to open unless someone has them already opened.

Archived