*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

I haven't posted any webcam images lately, so here are a few from yesterday:

Gal_14_20.png

Gal_14_21.png

Gal_14_22.png

Seems like our group hasn't been together at the same time to watch the ships depart on webcam in a real long time. I'm thinking we should agree on a day to come and watch the webcams at the same time.

Would October 12 (no NASCAR race) or November 16 (Championship finale I'm boycotting) work for y'all?

Yes we finally met Dylan

And we have known him since he was 14 years old on Cruise Critic.

Which was When he started the first thread of Galveston Cruise Cam a Group THREAD.

We are all on the second thread because cruise critic had to abort the first

because if the size and number of posts. That's how popular it has been.

We thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon, dinner,

and evening at Olympia grill with Dylan. It is also fun to watch a departure of a cruise ship with him.

And to do it with Dylan was special. :D

We then took him back to meet with his family

in our convertible and for for a beach ride. It was a wonderful day.

We shall look forward to doing it again with him.

And continuing our new friendship with this fine young man.

Have a successful college school year Dylan.

Lee and Mary

This is actually the 3rd thread. The first was "archived" after it got too large, and I started this one before the 2nd got too large. :eek:

The ship we watched depart was Triumph. Did y'all end up meeting crazy4themouse?

Saw you were going to Galveston.

Rancher Tori kicked off her high school career today and because she was getting ready, including trying to read a book she had all Summer before class this morning, we stuck around in Houston. She did enjoy her first day at DeBakey HSHP. Guess tomorrow the full homework load hits.

Enjoy college. Soon enough you will be on a cruise for Spring Break with friends from college.

Spring Break? $ $ $ $ $

If my Winter break is the same this year as it was last year, my Winter break is four weeks long instead of two weeks. The Carnival Triumph Dec 15 or Jan 3 sailings (before Christmas or after New Years) are my best hopes for a cruise, though I'm keeping my hopes low. My mom has lost interest in going on a cruise.

The ship we watched depart was Triumph. Did y'all end up meeting crazy4themouse?

Hi Dylan: Unfortunately we had family show up so didn't make it. We did exchange e-mail addresses and phone numbers so now it will be easier to get in contact with each other.

Hope school is going well. Take care

Mary

Yep, I'm sure our paths will cross soon! It was nice weather for sailaway that weekend. Ray (the bf) really enjoyed getting to see the ships up close for the first time -- I think it got him a lot more jazzed up for our cruise in February, his first ever. I'm luring him over to the dark side, lol. ;)

I really think we should all do a sailaway meetup as soon as it gets just a bit cooler! Anyone else interested?

-gina-

Yep, I'm sure our paths will cross soon! It was nice weather for sailaway that weekend. Ray (the bf) really enjoyed getting to see the ships up close for the first time -- I think it got him a lot more jazzed up for our cruise in February, his first ever. I'm luring him over to the dark side, lol. ;)

I really think we should all do a sailaway meetup as soon as it gets just a bit cooler! Anyone else interested?

-gina-

For sure ! :)

Loved the sail away pics! We were in Galveston this last weekend...spent the weekend at Moody Gardens resort. My 6 & 7 year old grandsons participated in the Captain Kidd's triathlon for children on Sunday morning. We had a great time although the weather was less than cooperative on Sunday a.m. I forgot to bring a jacket/sweater and it was 67 degrees (and very humid!) when we went downstairs at 6 a.m. to get their bikes ready. Had a good time in spite of the weather!

I didn't want to start a new thread because this is the best place for this question. I wanted to possibly cruise next fall on the Liberty but cannot find Liberty out of Galveston on the Royal website. Is this an IT issue or has something changed that I missed? Thanks in advance for the info.

P.S. hey Gina!

I didn't want to start a new thread because this is the best place for this question. I wanted to possibly cruise next fall on the Liberty but cannot find Liberty out of Galveston on the Royal website. Is this an IT issue or has something changed that I missed? Thanks in advance for the info.

P.S. hey Gina!

I see Liberty sailings out of Galveston from Nov 2015 to Apr 2016. Try clearing your cache and cookies and attempt the search again.

beautiful day on the island.....just waiting...7 more and we board!

Very active meet and mingle..77 sign ups as of today.

Looking forward to all the onboard changes.......

and hoping for similar weather next Sunday

Edited by TEXASMUNK

• 2 weeks later...