Jewel in Nassau

OvaDaTop

Does anyone know if this is new to the itinerary? The Jewel apparently has been spending at least 1 night maybe 2 nights staying in the port before departing for New York. Is going to continue? Can't find anything on the NCL page regarding this change but it has happened since the Jewel returned from Alaska.

it was supposed to be for scheduled maintenance but on our 10/28 cruise we did not spend the extra night. Don't know if it was storm related or what. We docked Wednesday at 6pm and left Thursday at 6pm.

It was to work on the azipods. Senor Frogs made lots of money :) They'll email you if your cruise will be adjusted for it! :)

How was your cruise? What type of suite did you have? Did you like it??

(We're in a haven 2 bedroom penthouse in 2 wks!!) :D

What is definitely NOT TO MISS?? :)

Does anyone know if this is new to the itinerary? The Jewel apparently has been spending at least 1 night maybe 2 nights staying in the port before departing for New York. Is going to continue? Can't find anything on the NCL page regarding this change but it has happened since the Jewel returned from Alaska.

We are just off the Jewell and spent the 2 nights.

We didn't see any divers- but easily could have missed it

How was your cruise? What type of suite did you have? Did you like it??

(We're in a haven 2 bedroom penthouse in 2 wks!!) :D

What is definitely NOT TO MISS?? :)

We had the s3, so we were down on 10, but Haven access. Working on the pics, hope to have the review and pics up soon. :)

As far as not to miss, depends on who you are and what you like to do.

For us:

We felt the chef table very worth the price. go hungry, trust me, and don't be afraid to leave some of the early stuff on your plate and be prepared to dine for several hours and consume much wine.:D It was so popular our week they held it twice!

Moderno is awesome to do instead of lobster night...no crowds and the food is to die for. If you get invited to the VIP cocktail...DO IT! Very cool! Martini/beer/wine tastings are well worth the $$, but you will leave them much less sober then you were going in. :eek:

Ruth the concierge was very proactive on getting all items on the list you may have done with the pre cruise concierge....so if you asked, it's likely already done...Introduce yourself to her ASAP and see what she has done before you go booking. It won't be a problem if you overbook, but why have to? :)

We had the s3, so we were down on 10, but Haven access. Working on the pics, hope to have the review and pics up soon. :)

As far as not to miss, depends on who you are and what you like to do.

For us:

We felt the chef table very worth the price. go hungry, trust me, and don't be afraid to leave some of the early stuff on your plate and be prepared to dine for several hours and consume much wine.:D It was so popular our week they held it twice!

Moderno is awesome to do instead of lobster night...no crowds and the food is to die for. If you get invited to the VIP cocktail...DO IT! Very cool! Martini/beer/wine tastings are well worth the $$, but you will leave them much less sober then you were going in. :eek:

Ruth the concierge was very proactive on getting all items on the list you may have done with the pre cruise concierge....so if you asked, it's likely already done...Introduce yourself to her ASAP and see what she has done before you go booking. It won't be a problem if you overbook, but why have to? :)

Great info! Will look forward to your review!

We already have Cagney's booked for first night. It's our tradition (and DH doesn't do seafood, so it's a no brainer for us!);)

Did you notice if they had the special lunch sampler @ LeBistro? Thanks!!

I'm sure we'll go to the VIP cocktail party (I'm Platinum) and find it odd that many do not attend in the past. Maybe just the sailings we were on there weren't that many onboard. <shrugging>

Great info! Will look forward to your review!

We already have Cagney's booked for first night. It's our tradition (and DH doesn't do seafood, so it's a no brainer for us!);)

Did you notice if they had the special lunch sampler @ LeBistro? Thanks!!

I'm sure we'll go to the VIP cocktail party (I'm Platinum) and find it odd that many do not attend in the past. Maybe just the sailings we were on there weren't that many on-board. <shrugging>

The only thing we saw was a Jazz lunch there from 11-1 on the last sea day. But I will look through my dailies later to see if I missed it.

Our VIP reception was well attended, though I was sad to see some people dodging conversations with the staff so they had more time to scarf drinks :eek:. I was amazed at how concerned the crew was about Sandy and her effects on everyone, including the people who were with them the week before and us recent arrivals. They liked our curiosity about their adventure trying to outrun her.

The only thing we saw was a Jazz lunch there from 11-1 on the last sea day. But I will look through my dailies later to see if I missed it.

Our VIP reception was well attended, though I was sad to see some people dodging conversations with the staff so they had more time to scarf drinks :eek:. I was amazed at how concerned the crew was about Sandy and her effects on everyone, including the people who were with them the week before and us recent arrivals. They liked our curiosity about their adventure trying to outrun her.

Yep, some folks are just there to get free drinks. I think it's more fun to interact with the staff that is there! :)

Thanks!

Archived