Balcony Cabin above Dream Promenade Hot Tubs

tlund

We stayed on the 8th deck (Verandah) deck on the Breeze....we were in cabin 8336, further down the hall from your cabin (between the 2 hot tubs). Here's my take.....we were in the Med in mid October, where they were probably used less than in the Caribbean in warmer climates. The hot tub right below your cabin was the one hot tub used the most. I can only say this, the 8th deck is high enough for privacy (which is why we booked that deck on this ship as we normally stay on Empress on Upper). Sitting on your balcony, there is privacy (but wouldn't go any lower deck than Verandah). BUT, the noise, couldn't hear it much in the room, but on the deck they were rowdy and we were down some ways from the hot tub. Noise wasn't an issue late at nite, but it was during day and early evening hours.....just my 2 cents. Being right above it would have been noisier, I would assume (and it is lighted, which may cause an issue being right above it too - if light bothers you at night).

We have 7321 on Magic,

I hear they are sister ships.

I found out that cabin is right above a hot tub on deck 5.

should we change it? I got ES rate, will they charge me to change it.

there are a lot of GS cabins left.

Thanks.

:rolleyes:

We were in 9326 on the Breeze and the hot tub was directly below our balcony. We hardly noticed it, unless we stood over the rail. The noise did not filter up to the 9th deck at all. We did notice an occasional and noise of chairs moving on the lido deck but not really loud. I don't think they will charge you to move but you would have to pay more if you upgrade your cabin. We moved our cabins without a charge but did not change the class of cabin when we moved.

We have 7321 on Magic,

I hear they are sister ships.

I found out that cabin is right above a hot tub on deck 5.

should we change it? I got ES rate, will they charge me to change it.

there are a lot of GS cabins left.

Thanks.

:rolleyes:

They are sister ships. If you switch to another GS, you will not be charged. They do not allow downgrades with ES, but you can move to another cabin within the same category, for no charge. Not everyone who is above the hot tubs has a problem with noise, but I would still look to move away from it if possible, just to be safe. The hot tub is a larger obstruction to your view than the regular part of the lanai, and that would be a bigger factor on deck 7 than higher decks. So that's another reason to look into moving. The hot tub sticks out further than the regular part of the lanai and is taller, so it cuts into the view more.

We have balcony cabin number 8300 on the Dream. We are concerned about whether our cabin overlooks the hot tubs on the Promenade deck. We want a bit of privacy and don't want to be bothered by the people using those hot tubs. Anyone have any guidance on whether we will be ok or be too close?

We had one of those balconies over hot tubs up on deck 8 and it was NOISY all hours of day and night.........won't do it again......

We stayed in a 9th deck balcony on the Dream maybe 10-12 cabins aft of the hot tub. We did not notice ANY noise from there at any time. I also didn't fee a lack of privacy. Unless you were standing at the railing the geometry doesn't afford the folks on the 5th deck a direct view of you while you're on the balcony.

We were on the Dream in 7312 right above the hot tubs, I didn"t let it ruin my cruise but I did not like it and you could hear them talk if they were loud. I would definitely switch if you can. I would never book it again

Archived