VIFP question

Goplayball

In less than 2 weeks I will be on my 10th cruise. According to letter from Carnival, "These extra perks, privileges and benefits will be offered, starting on the tenth cruise and future cruises thereafter." So does that mean I will get Priority Embarkation? I will be on the Fantasy. Does Charleston have VIP Check-In? How will I know? Will my luggage tags reflect it? Thanks in advance.

In less than 2 weeks I will be on my 10th cruise. According to letter from Carnival, "These extra perks, privileges and benefits will be offered, starting on the tenth cruise and future cruises thereafter." So does that mean I will get Priority Embarkation? I will be on the Fantasy. Does Charleston have VIP Check-In? How will I know? Will my luggage tags reflect it? Thanks in advance.

Yes! The perks are nice. Look for VIP on your fun pass and luggage tags...usually check in is clearly posted..

Luggage tags and funpass will have VIP printed on them. You will get priority embarkation and disembarkation. There is a seperate line for VIP check in. You will be the first to board the ship. I read rooms are ready before 1 pm. You will also get priority service at the service desk. A return guest party with drinks and hor d'veres on cruises 5 days or longer. I hope this helps.

Unless there has been a new announcement, the Fantasy does not offer FTTF so you will not receive those benefits. However, you will receive the other benefits of a platinum member.

The August Announcement:

Carnival Cruise Lines announced it will begin testing a new program where all the occupants of a given stateroom can board the cruise ship as soon as it is cleared for new arrivals. The program, called “Faster to the Fun,” also will allow passengers instant access to their staterooms upon boarding and will even have their hand-delivered luggage waiting for them in the stateroom upon arrival.

The program will be available on two Carnival ships: the Carnival Imagination (starting Aug. 20) and Carnival Liberty (Aug. 25) and is limited to a relatively small number of people. It costs $49.95, but only one occupant of the stateroom needs to book it to give the same benefit to everyone staying in the room.

From John Heald Facebook page October 24:

News on the Faster To The Fun Program. The program will be introduced on Carnival’s three Port Canaveral, Fla.-based ships -- Carnival Ecstasy on Nov. 5, Carnival Sensation Nov. 8 and Carnival Dream Nov. 10 – as well as its two ships homeported in Galveston, Texas, the Carnival Triumph on Nov. 15 and Carnival Magic on Nov. 18. cheers

If your ship offers the program, you will find it under excursions. Hope this helps...

Just printed our documents and our boarding pass has VIP!!!! Just hope Fantasy participates in VIP embarkation....

A heads up for boarding the Fantasy. Don't arrive to early due to debarkation of the previous cruise. They will let you drop off your luggage but make you go back outside the gates till they start allowing boarding of your cruise, which is usually around 11am.

Once they have the new terminal built, they won't have this problem! Have a great cruise!

Archived