Gty Booking

1cruiselvr

I'm truly impressed. Booked the Spirit for 7/2/05 Alaska sailing yesterday as balcony gty. Checked NCL's website today and ALREADY assigned a cabin - THAT WAS QUICK!!! My question to the experienced NCL cruisers - can this change or is it firm? I've cruised with other lines many times but not NCL. I know that every CL has a different gty booking policy so I'm not sure to count on this cabin assignment as firm or not. Can anyone tell me what their experience has been with a gty booking? Happy Sailing!

I believe (and others will state if I am wrong), but once u are assigned a room than that is it. Unless of course you contact them for an upgrade or vice versa.

That said, on our first Dawn cruise we booked about 6 months out and were not assigned a room until about 3 weeks prior to sailing. This upcoming cruise however was a different story. Were assigned a room 2 months out. We had originally booked a GUAR balcony...assinged a BA. I called my TA and asked about any upsells. $200/pp later we got a mini-suite. Not bad.

If you want to change your room just be patient and contact them about a possible upsell. Prices could be good or bad.

I'm new to NCL so I'm not familiar with the term 'upsell'. Is this something that NCL offers directly or must you contact your TA for it? There are some PH categories available so when is a good time for this upsell you mentioned? Thanks.

Is this something that NCL offers directly or must you contact your TA for it? There are some PH categories available so when is a good time for this upsell you mentioned? Thanks.

I've read threads describing all types of scenarios: some people go through their TA; some call NCL directly; and sometimes NCL will contact you (probably thru your TA if you booked thru one). I believe a good time to look into an upsell is right after final payment is due for your sailing. Once final payment has passed, NCL knows much more firmly which cabins are still available.

Archived