Alteration charges increase

Hi all :)

I asked at my local Thomsons yesterday where we stand should we decide to change our cruise in April to something later next year, and was surprised to hear that alteration charges are now £50 per person, not £35 anymore!

I never noticed this at the time of booking (must take more notice of small print) but has everyone else been aware of this and do you think that £15 extra is a bit too much? Will be feeling a bit silly if I am the only one who didn't know.

Hi all :)

I asked at my local Thomsons yesterday where we stand should we decide to change our cruise in April to something later next year, and was surprised to hear that alteration charges are now £50 per person, not £35 anymore!

I never noticed this at the time of booking (must take more notice of small print) but has everyone else been aware of this and do you think that £15 extra is a bit too much? Will be feeling a bit silly if I am the only one who didn't know.

Sorry to hear about your husband and hope he is well on his way to a full recovery.

The charge is disgusting especially for medical reasons. Isn't there anything in your insurance that would cover a change or as usual would the excess be too much to do it. Sorry but I'm very down on insurance at the minute.:(

As for going on the cruise be guided by your hubby's consultant I am sure if things are going well he will tell you to go and enjoy it. It will probably do him good.:)

I had a heart scare last year and had to have an angiagram etc. Not as serious as your hubbies but it does frighten you, once I was on the correct medication I have been fine went off on my cruise, relaxed and enjoyed it.

I think cruises ought to be on perscription:D

Best Wishes

Mary

Sorry to hear about your husband and hope he is well on his way to a full recovery.

The charge is disgusting especially for medical reasons. Isn't there anything in your insurance that would cover a change or as usual would the excess be too much to do it. Sorry but I'm very down on insurance at the minute.:(

As for going on the cruise be guided by your hubby's consultant I am sure if things are going well he will tell you to go and enjoy it. It will probably do him good.:)

I had a heart scare last year and had to have an angiagram etc. Not as serious as your hubbies but it does frighten you, once I was on the correct medication I have been fine went off on my cruise, relaxed and enjoyed it.

I think cruises ought to be on perscription:D

Best Wishes

Mary

Hi Mary, insurance for us will become clearer tomorrow when I give them a call, at the moment I cannot begin to guess what they will say but a friend opposite had a sudden heart attack (first ever too, same reasons as hubby) 5 weeks ago and needed three stents and ten days in hospital....his wife said how hard it is finding travel insurance to cover that.

Am in a better frame of mind this morning as I think I hit rock bottom at 4a.m as it suddenly struck me that if had it happened 10 minutes later he would have been driving along M6 at 7.45 and I was horrifed and felt sick for the next hour, just thinking of the wider picture. When you are at rock bottom the only way is up as they say. Don't know why it took so long to cross my mind though! Thanks for your help and glad ot hear you're better too :)

Why are Thomson putting prices up by stealth ? :(

Book a room £39 going up to £42 and now this :mad:

Most insures in your circumstances will pay out if your hubbys Dr declares him unfit to travel ,so you should get your money back .

Having said that you would think they would be happy to defer your travel to a later date :confused: Everyone wins that way :)

Why are Thomson putting prices up by stealth ? :(

Book a room £39 going up to £42 and now this :mad:

Most insures in your circumstances will pay out if your hubbys Dr declares him unfit to travel ,so you should get your money back .

Having said that you would think they would be happy to defer your travel to a later date :confused: Everyone wins that way :)[/quote

Think an increase of five pounds or so per person would be enough but how can they justify almost a third extra? You seem surprised too kalos, it couldn't possibly be a mistake could it, they don't get things like this wrong at the travel agents after all? I'm concerned for everyone as well since no-one knows when changes to a holiday may be necessary.

Hi Mary, insurance for us will become clearer tomorrow when I give them a call, at the moment I cannot begin to guess what they will say but a friend opposite had a sudden heart attack (first ever too, same reasons as hubby) 5 weeks ago and needed three stents and ten days in hospital....his wife said how hard it is finding travel insurance to cover that.

Am in a better frame of mind this morning as I think I hit rock bottom at 4a.m as it suddenly struck me that if had it happened 10 minutes later he would have been driving along M6 at 7.45 and I was horrifed and felt sick for the next hour, just thinking of the wider picture. When you are at rock bottom the only way is up as they say. Don't know why it took so long to cross my mind though! Thanks for your help and glad ot hear you're better too :)

I know it's easy to say but look on the possative side he has been so lucky

that it happened when it did. Someone must have been looking after him.:)

I agree with Kalos if you have any worries about him travelling I'm sure his Dr will help you with cancelling and getting your money back.

Also it's no good now but for future insurance there was a thread started on here some time since about insurance for people with medical problems.

I have a very good one we get it through hubby's work and we do not have to declare any medical problems or medication all they say is that if your Dr thinks you are fit to travel that is ok with them. We have had to claim with them and they were brilliant.

I don't know what the cost is though as we get it cheaper so might be expensive.

Yep we were charged £50 per person to change a cruise which we were due to take backin April (due to ds work commitments...so insurance co are resisting!)....we changed to a more expensive cruise…. they still charged us and we lost the free AI:(

for a family £50pp soon adds up!!

Yep we were charged £50 per person to change a cruise which we were due to take backin April (due to ds work commitments...so insurance co are resisting!)....we changed to a more expensive cruise…. they still charged us and we lost the free AI:(

for a family £50pp soon adds up!!

That's disappointing for you geomagot, you certainly lost out there! So it's been £50 for some time then, never realized as last time I went on a cruise two years ago I'm pretty sure it was was still £35.

When are you going to post some more Winter Tales (Christmas)? I need something amusing at the moment.

Archived