Viva Vino Wine Package List

4cats1house

Thank you for posting, very helpful.

Can you have some of your bottles in your cabin or just at the restaurants?

I didn't actually purchase the package. What I was told is you get a voucher for each bottle you buy and when you want the bottle of wine you just give the voucher to your waiter or bartender. You can have the wine where & when you want.

This sounds very interesting but what if you will not finish the bottle at one seating? Can you order a glass by the pool, another in a bar, a few at dinner? Maybe that is too complicated right? :)

We had the 4 bottle enthusiast package and where given vouchers to take along to the restaurant. All 4 bottles where to a good standard and if you had any left at the end of your meal you where given a different voucher that coresponded to a disc they put around the bottle.

The sparkling Rose was very good indeed and we will be having some more on our Xmas cruise in around 6 weeks time.

We had the 4 bottle enthusiast package and where given vouchers to take along to the restaurant. All 4 bottles where to a good standard and if you had any left at the end of your meal you where given a different voucher that coresponded to a disc they put around the bottle.

The sparkling Rose was very good indeed and we will be having some more on our Xmas cruise in around 6 weeks time.

Thanks

Could you take the voucher then to a particular bar then and would they save the bottle the same way? I usually have a before dinner glass of wine.

We had a bottle at dinner that we did not finish and left it there. The next night we handed the voucher in at Champagne Charlies and they went of to collect the bottle for us.

So in this case it worked for us on the Spirit, but we had a very good relationship with the Bar Tenders in Charlies so not 100% sure this would be the case again if we tried.

I'm sure they give you the option of having them keep the wine for you, or delivering it to your cabin.

Since we like to have wine in our cabin while getting ready for dinner, we had them deliver the wine. We always drink a bottle at dinner, no leftovers. :p We'd take the bottle with us to whatever restaurant we decided to go to that night. Plus we'd have a glass or two of another bottle in our room.

It was a good deal for us.

Is this the package available on all ships? Will be on the Dawn in 3 weeks and was debating bringing our own vs buying on board and with a $15 per bottle corkage fee might make sense to just pay the $22 a bottle for the first package.

Is this the package available on all ships? Will be on the Dawn in 3 weeks and was debating bringing our own vs buying on board and with a $15 per bottle corkage fee might make sense to just pay the $22 a bottle for the first package.

I'm not sure if this is the same list on every ship. It might depend on their inventory.

Thanks for this great information. $22 or so per bottle is a really good deal and the voucher system seems to work. I guess I can give a voucher in to a particular bar on ship and go there to get a glass of "my" wine when I want it. I am sure I will find a few places where we will be able to drop our vouchers and have a bottle on hand.

So thanks again. I realize that the list may differ per ship but we are not that fussy.

great info!

Cant help as far as a "glass" is concerned.

Can tell you that I went to a bar on the Spirit traded a voucher for a bottle and could take it to my cabin.

In a restaurant I gave the voucher to the waiter they brought me back the bottle. If I didnt finish it I just took it along with me to the room. I could have left it they would label it and I could have it wherever I went next,.

The table for the wine packages was set up in the Atrium when we boarded and you couldnt miss it.

Edited by katiepe

• 3 weeks later...
Wow!! Thanks for the list. I dont see a Prosecco on there..Does anyone know if we can buy bottles of Prosecco..either individually or maybe we can just ask if they would have one at the package price?

Thanks for posting!!

I can't find the prosecco...which list??

I did the math on this.

Buying 4/6/8 does not make a difference at all in price per tier. All bottles in the "Enthusiast" package are about $25.30 after gratuity. So it doesn't matter if you get 4/6/8. If you're planning to get 8, better to get 4 now and 4 later it seems for max flexibility. Or 4 now and 6 later if you run short of wine fast. Etc.

Same applies for the upper tier packages. All bottle packages come out to $24.50 on the middle tier, and $27 on the upper tier. So, if you were going to get 8 bottles anyway but have 4 from tier 1 and 4 from tier 3; Get a 4 bottle package on tier 1 and 4 bottle package on tier 3 to save some money.

• 2 weeks later...