Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Oh wow, Dear Lord. I went out to take care of all the errands that I had neglected over the past two weeks and come back this!

Thank you very much folks. I will answer all of them independently once I get some free time.

But right now I am off to bed, thank you for all the support.

You're all the best.

Oh wow, Dear Lord. I went out to take care of all the errands that I had neglected over the past two weeks and come back this!

Thank you very much folks. I will answer all of them independently once I get some free time.

But right now I am off to bed, thank you for all the support.

You're all the best.

Great job! This kind of review is a boat load ( no pun intended!)I was debating whether to do a "full" review of Allure in a few months having just finished two rather extensive reviews in the course of 2 months, i am feeling a little "reviewed out" i know how much work it is! But I think you have covered it, and there is little left on Allure that one couldn't find in your review! Several little details I saw, I though...ahhh! That's helpful and I've sailed this class already once!

Thanks for putting in the time and effort and happy sailing to you!

Gambee,

Thanks again for all the work you did on this review! You have touched so many people with your candor and genuineness. Although I am unsure when I will be able to sail on allure, I know when I can afford it that I will be booking on her thanks to your review. You have also made me want to figure out my simple point and click camera and master it. That way when I buy a real camera I will know better what to look for and the photography lingo. :o:D:p

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Gambee, what an amazing review!! I felt like I was right there on the ship with you. I'm new to cruising and I was booked to go on the Voyager of the Seas this coming December in Sydney but we had to cancel due to an unforeseen illness. We have rebooked an almost identical holiday on the same ship in November 2013 (14 nights to New Zealand) and am very much looking forward to it. My next one after that......maybe at the end of 2014 will be the Allure. We will fly to US and our plan is to do 1 week in Disney World, 7 nights on the Allure and 1 week in Vegas.

Gambee,

Thank you for the marvelous review and the pictures. You brought Allure to life for all of us. Will be eagerly awaiting your next cruise review. It would be wonderful to be on a ship with you. Meantime, seeing Allure through your eyes is unforgettable.

Regina

Thank you very much Gambee. I have been following your review quietly in the background. I can't believe how sad I felt looking at the photo of all the bags packed in the corridor. We wait so long to cruise and it is over too quickly. This review was amazing. I hope you don't have to wait too long to cruise again.

Hello everyone. I want to thank you for following my son's review and for all great posts. As I wrote before I am very proud of his review' date=' but withou all your support he couldn't do that.

Happy Holidays to all of you :).[/quote']

Gambee's Mom, no need to thank us, we need to thank you for being a part of this fabulous reveiw. I sure wish my mom was still with me so I could share those experiences with her. What a wonderful way to make memories.

Patty

Gambee, just wanted to say "thank you" once more for this fabulous review and best photos I have ever seen in any review! You are awsome and so talented!! I hope we will continue to see you around the boards. Thanks once again. We are boarding the Allure this weekend for a B2B (first B2B ever) and your review showed me a lot of little things that I didn't previously know about.

Happy Holidays!!

Patty

Hello everyone. I want to thank you for following my son's review and for all great posts. As I wrote before I am very proud of his review' date=' but withou all your support he couldn't do that.

Happy Holidays to all of you :).[/quote']

Fantastic job raising your son!!! You can just tell both you and your son are great people. Sending all my best wishes for a great holiday season!!!

Oh Gambee - I miss you already!!! What a fabulous review and your pictures were absolutely amazing. Although, we are not going on the Allure - we will be on her sister Oasis! We simply cannot wait!!!

Again, thanks so much for all your hard work in putting this review together for us here on Cruise Critic!

Barb

I will post my own personal THANK YOU! I try not to interrupt the "flow" of a review in the middle of it with my own personal comments or questions, because I like to read the whole review from the OP first. I must say that this review is now required reading for my party of 22 going on Allure next year. The details are far more than anything I could have wished for or compiled myself by reading 100 other reviews (which I HAVE done by the way;)). Thanks again for the time you have put into this review. It has and will continue to help many others for years to come!!

Awww, Gambee, Gambee's mom & Gambee's bf- loved it! What a fun review to read, and I am really glad it was so spread out so that lots more people got a chance to read and follow along. I have to say it was fun to come back every few days and have a whole bunch of new pages to look at!

I was suprised to see the dessert wine on the tasting menu at the 150 restaurant was from a winery not far from my home, Wagner, we go there for the beer more often than the wine and there are a few other ice wines in our area that I would say are superior. I am thrilled to see the Finger Lakes wine region represented though!

Oh- and I have that same problem with letting expectations get in my way sometimes. Gotta watch that, but it is sooo hard to do. I always seem have the most fun when I have the lowest expectations.

What do each of you think were your favorite parts?

Wow Gambee! Thanks for the WONDERFUL review & pics and for dedicating so much time!!!

Your review was my daily inspiration while being home sick. It brought memories of my own Oasis family/friends cruise. Can't wait to sail Allure or Oasis in 2014!!

Do you have your photos in an online album? If so PLEASE share the link.:)

Take care & happy travels to you, mom, & bf!:)

THANK YOU!!!!!

This HAS to be the VERY BEST REVIEW EVER!!!!!

Also, unfortunately ;), I now want to go on the Allure. Guess that will have to wait til 2014 though.

I ESPECIALLY enjoyed your photos of the ports, and you including the different goods at the shops. It gives me an idea of things to buy and things to wait to buy at the next stop.

And those shots of Falmouth from the ship were amazing! They almost looked like you were taking shots of models.

I also really liked your shots of Labadee. Really looking forward to that stop in March.

Thank You Very Much!

I learned a lot with this trip and this review, mostly about photography and communication. But what I learned the most is how much I enjoy doing this, it is a lot of work. I really can't imagine how many hours I put into it, but my wild guess is over 100 hrs in the review itself and a lot more in the ship photographing it. But all that time did not go in vain, I enjoyed every second of it. And more than that, I enjoyed sharing it with all of you.

I want to thank all my posters, without you all this review would not had been possible. One needs all those encouraging words to keep going strong until the end. Some of you had some very touching comments and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Many thanks to all of you; (This list is thanks to mom)

beachbuddy, dmwnc1959, Beth C, Newwbeee, nursewurmy, *lovestx, BearBear69, Eng23, Bugsy4271, , LuckiStac13*Majesty*, vickie bernie, MaryAnn&Don, Sunny AZ Girl, raerom, RoamingRetirees, mitsugirly, reallyhooked, BillOh, DMickey28, Lorey 2007, *Just The 3 Of Us, dablondee525, mycruise2000, sailingoawaysoon ,funfamilyof6, kenlorz, suzyluvs2cruise,* Familygoboston, gvlgoflady, beachlovergirl, Chicky2181, swwake, northwoods2, odettemcf, S.A.M.J.R., MrFunInTheSun, smeck, Lioness, GSuitesailing, canadiancruiser13, leenerth, CruisingAg, meapaya, zimmCouple, Pooh8941, balcony4u,Mapleleaf,5, eiou, letscruisingasap, knots4cruising ,sleeplees, BettyPc, sunrise4, ririeck, Ocean 4, ewpsrp, jsinflsunshine, 3some, jonath, rubrrick, BecciBoo, Huddler, CitygirlSF, SenatorsFan, Iluvcruising2, LABCHICK, mp466, Darkwolfe, ATLfuzzy, dms42, micmacmissy, xeriod, dgittino, tiffanieb, VirtualRain, mdhill, BlondieB, BonTexasNY, Gambees BF, coolcat12, mac3835, cheshire cat, beaniebaby, nvcruising, Borocay Soul, Mickeefan, cruisingmama23, Brittasbay, rotting hell, CulinaryEscape, kevingsgirl88, avazah, Mark Debs, gambees_mom, lindasilk, Host Elizanessie, ksg, rvdnsx, Azs Cruising Nana, WannaCruise365, CUSECRUZER, Idytwk, Janntom, seeshore, d4nigirl, Isa65, RCruisingfamily, AkitaJoy,cosmar, kellance13879, Bandit236, jpolm, tiffygirl, jill1349, LouLou921, Jayfo, Dolby1000, bschoon60, clarea, NeuroQueen, Numccoy, macfin, wah20, dreamer976, volunteer cruiser, topanga49er, slh182,*** lemonade-sails, beachnative, coolnrj, MrUg, D300, Woe is me, Alseau, KirkNC, kingsnake57,TLC535, reeree313, workingmom200112, Cupcrazy, TNcruiser829, Sinppu, couple_cruisers, mszmek, mechcc, Hypo,***** wave rider, WhiteSoxFan, bdpatrick, venicia, OttoCal, CP3o, cruisinskier,**************** *********PhilNDobbieAt Sea, *melodyesch, roby2003, Jenjer, Bali505, Dancnlizard, modes, lisa414ny, shorbr, pzerba, Jan_In_Maine, attitudeda, poffles, PIGSKIN, chadbeck, juniosmom, sumo, jd_1976, floatel_lvr, simmy45, debitoo ,want2go2, cb8, jebl, clochette, marciab, Vibe,cruisinmamma, lawyergirl22, luckymike,, Nolsie, KDRCruisers, thtalks,Jacru,vipcruiser, Seapoint, north east girl, Rose-a-rita, jewel825, OncomingStorm, kac31, scottydog123, FMZ, jimbri, mechcc,* Dett,* tvry, leenerth

I also want thank all my non-posting followers, that 100,000 view mark would not had been possible to break without all of you, thank you.

And last but not least, I want to thank the moderators of this forum. Not only for giving me the 5 star rating, but also for the support they provided me during the writing the this review. We had a little bumps along the road :D, lol, but they were always there to help. Make sure you follow the forum guidelines ;). Thank you so much moderators, you were all very kind and understanding.

There will more reviews to come, we are in the process of deciding our next vacation, it will most likely be booked by the first week of december. I will bring this thread back to life, once I start writing my next review to inform my RCCL followers about it. I want to thank Beth C for that great idea :), thank you.

I will continue answer questions, so feel free to ask away.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did with this review.

Thank you for making this possible :)

The End.

Thank-you so much...i will re-read every word and enjoy all the pics and take notes this time.....awesome review!