Who's cruising "The Med" in 2006?

Hi,

How did you find the private drivers foe the excursions?

Read through these boards. There are lots of great guides recommended by people who have toured in the past. I am crusing in May and that is how I found my guides.

Husband and I are on the Celebrity Galaxy on June 12, Eastern Med. Going with new friends we just happened to meet while sharing a breakfast buffet table on the Norwegian Jewel last fall. Been in touch with them ever since and are now braving Turkey, Greek Isles together. What a Trip!!:)

Somewhere on these boards someone asked who is sailing in "06?

We are leaving on 8/15 aboard the "Brilliance of the Seas" RT from

Barcelona. This is my first Med. Cruise ever! I've done the Caribbean and Panama Canal many times, but this is the first time I am venturing over seas! A little nervous and very excitied. So happy I found this site. I love to read all the posts and I've found so much info.

Anyone else sailing on the 15th? We are from New Jersey.

Very excited about our 1st Med cruise and Europe experience! I'd love to hear all your recommendations for private tours in Venice, Rome, Naples, Florence, Athens, Kusadasi, Istanbul, Mykonos, Marseilles, and Barcelona. Sounds like we have a bit of a late start on bookings but hope to make up for lost time.

We are sailing 10/7/06 from Venice to Barcelona on the Grand Princess. Is anyone else on this cruise? I'd love to hear from you!

First time cruisers, both of us. First time flyer too. We leave this Friday:D

TransAtlantic to Funchal, then cruise on to Monte Carlo. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine doing this. And best of all...I get to spend 16 days away from reality. No kids, no dogs, no sirens, no noise. I can already see myself, on the balcony each morning, coffee and camera ready, waiting for the sunrise, signaling another day awaits in Paradise.

RSSC VOYAGER 04/28 - 05/13

Hello Everyone!!

Having just read all the posts on this thread (whew), it's great to see everyone so excited about going on cruises!

For the life of me, I cannot find anyone on MY ship. I probably blinked when I was getting something to eat.

My sister and our DH's are on Millennium Transatlantic Nov 24, 2006.

If anyone of you are out there, please let me know. Until then, I guess it's MY ship. So....I've booked the Royal Suite.

Hope all of you have had, or are going to have a wonderful time.

Just remember, we are very lucky folks!

Grand Princess, with husband and three kids. Venice to Barcelona, departing July 27th. Already planned most of it!

How early do you think I can book tours with the independent guides? I don't want them to think I'm crazy if I e-mail them now.

You should book the tours now. We did the round trip from Barcelona with five people last year ranging in age from 10 to 87. Independent guide is the best way. We will be on the Golden this year from Venice on June 15th.

Travelled the western Med in 2005 and will be in the eastern Med in June 2006. Travelling with five people of various ages makes getting around a challenge. We found last summer that having your own transport makes the whole touring thing easier.

Very excited about our 1st Med cruise and Europe experience! I'd love to hear all your recommendations for private tours in Venice, Rome, Naples, Florence, Athens, Kusadasi, Istanbul, Mykonos, Marseilles, and Barcelona. Sounds like we have a bit of a late start on bookings but hope to make up for lost time.

We are sailing 10/7/06 from Venice to Barcelona on the Grand Princess. Is anyone else on this cruise? I'd love to hear from you!

Venice: Do it on your own. Get lost!!!!

Rome: Daniele www.driverinrome.com

Naples: Marcello of course! http://www.seesorrento.com/seguimi_eng.html

Florence: Daniele www.driverinrome.com

Athens: Spiros http://*****/

Istanbul: http://www.leventsolmaz.com/

Barcelona: josesolerfraile@hotmail.com

http://www.private-guides.com/guide/barcelona_private_guide_253/index.html

I'm sailing on Oct 17 and have all my guides booked already. Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like we're the first on this thread to post that we have booked the Golden Princess for her 17 night (yeah!!!) Mediterranean Transatlantic Rome(Civitavecchia) to New Orleans Cruise (November 29, 06 to December 16, 06). Our ports are: Pre-cruise: 1 night in Dublin, 5 nts in Rome!!,:) Livorno; Cannes; Barcelona; Cartagena; Gibralter; Casablanca, Morocco; Funchal, Madeira; Lots of sea days, :) Ft. Lauderdale, New Orleans!! (2 nts. post cruise). This will be our second Mediterranean cruise in 2 years & we are looking forward to that beautiful Portuguese island of Madeira again!

So far we've booked Stefano for Rome; Alessandro for Florence/Pisa/Chianti area. Now researching Cannes.

Like you Kellyccz I'm also studying Italian & also trying to learn a few words in French. Spanish fortunately is my "third language."

My DH and I are booked on Carnival Liberty sailing June 24. All of our tours are booked and purchased Mapeasy maps for cities we are doing on our own. We usually visit the Caribbean and this trip takes a lot more planning.

Mrsosci

There are 3 of us going from Barcelona on VOS,haven't heard of many that are on our sailing.Really looking forward to trying Royal Carribean for the first time. I have a cruise this weekend :D to the South Pacific on a much smaller ship this will keep me going till Sept :p

My wife and I will be sailing on the Carnival Liberty, June 24th out of Rome . . . we'll be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We would be interested in any thought, comments and/or recommendations based upon experiences on this cruise ship and itinerary. thanks.

We are doing this same voyage on June 9th on the Grand. Already have our cruise docs...will post when we return.

Archived