Walking distance to Medano

HappyTvlr

I see a number of suggestions for taking water taxis to Medano, but nothing about walking. It seems pretty close and accessible on google maps, but I would love confirmation. We are looking for any opportunity to exercise, and see the area. Thanks!

I see a number of suggestions for taking water taxis to Medano, but nothing about walking. It seems pretty close and accessible on google maps, but I would love confirmation. We are looking for any opportunity to exercise, and see the area. Thanks!

Yes, it is a very easy walk along a paved sidewalk. The time to get from tender pier around and over to the other side to Medano is about 35mins at a strolling pace. The only factor to think about is time of day and when you are coming as mid-day in the summer is way too uncomfortable.

As Cabo Helper suggests, it is about a 35 minute walk for most. Me, it takes a while longer (a lot longer if I stop for an "occasional" beverage.)

If it were me, and especially if I had never been to Cabo before, I would find a water taxi and take a tour of Lover's Beach, the Arch, the Sea Lions, Divorce Beach, feed the fish (they will swim right up into your hand!), and then have the taxi drop me off at Medano. That should cost you about $8-12US per person.

Afterwards, walk back, take a water taxi ($2pp return), or grab a land taxi ($8US for 2-4) and see some of Cabo that you might otherwise miss!

That being said, if you taxi, you will miss the Marina.

We spend a lot of time on the Marina. Much more than Medano. If you are there for 2 days, you can do both.

As Cabo Helper suggests, it is about a 35 minute walk for most. Me, it takes a while longer (a lot longer if I stop for an "occasional" beverage.)

If it were me, and especially if I had never been to Cabo before, I would find a water taxi and take a tour of Lover's Beach, the Arch, the Sea Lions, Divorce Beach, feed the fish (they will swim right up into your hand!), and then have the taxi drop me off at Medano. That should cost you about $8-12US per person.

Afterwards, walk back, take a water taxi ($2pp return), or grab a land taxi ($8US for 2-4) and see some of Cabo that you might otherwise miss!

That being said, if you taxi, you will miss the Marina.

We spend a lot of time on the Marina. Much more than Medano. If you are there for 2 days, you can do both.

I'm with you in that I love the Marina area more than Medano.:) I'm also with you (and want to let the OP know) that I don't mind the walk to Medano if it isn't right in the middle of summer and I do like the stopping along the way for a "refreshment":D

OP, I have also just taken a land taxi to and from Medano ($6-$8) becausse of who I was traveling with and it worked out just fine. In this case it was because I was traveling with someone who would have had trouble jumping off the end of the water taxi into the water to get onto Medano beach or wading through the water and jumping on the water taxi to get on from Medano Beach.

Archived