Dolphin Swim

JenAMR

Has anyone does this with AOS? I did the Encounter last summer through Carnival and was a little less than impressed because there wasn't a lot of interaction with the Dolphin....I don't want to spend even double to still not have much interaction - but if you really do get to swim with a dolphin then I would do it. Please let me know.

Last July my fiance and I were on the AOS and did the Dolphin Swim. It was one of the greatest moments you'll ever have. The aquariam is beautifully designed. It is literally fed by the Caribbean.....no phony tanks like in Sea World. When you get there, they split you up into groups of about 12 people in each. 6 go into the water while the other six wait on the bleachers. You do wait for an hour while the others are in the water, but then you get your hour or so with the dolphins. There were 2 in the water with you and you literally do swim with them, hold onto them, rub them, go underwater with them.....and the moment of a lifetime....they take you for a ride! When you are done, there will be pictures to buy. I bought the CD and then printed out the pictures when I got home....That is your best bet!

I hope this helped make up your mind. If you can afford the steep price, go for it. Make sure you book the Dolphin Swim, NOT the encounter.

I'm on the AOS just after yours...the 8/14 sailing. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. Be sure to bring a camera. If you go in the water, have someone take pictures. Usually there are people that just "observe" on the bleachers.

If you want, send me your email address and I'll forward you some pictures

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What is the difference between the Dolphin Encounter and the Dolphin Swim? Do you get to go in the water on the Encounter tour or do you simply observe the dolphins? Does everyone need to be in a swimsuit or can you wear shorts and a t-shirt?

Thanks!

Archived