Tour Operator for JVD needed

SomewhereBeyondTheSea

We were on Tortola last Sunday and planned in advance to rent a boat for the day. Found Kings Charters online and they were great! Took at taxi to Nanny Cay marina - about 10 min from the port and $6pp. We rented a 30' power boat for the day for $375 plus another $150 for a skipper and about $120 for gas. There were 10 of us and we all fit easily on the boat - could have fit 2 more easily. Our skipper took us around Tortola and off to Sandy Cay and Sandy Spit where we spent about an hour in paradise - had the whole little island to ourselves! He advised waiting till around 11-11:30 to hit White Bay on Jost Van Dyke to avoid the cruise ship tour - he was right and when we arrived it was perfect! Enjoyed the beach and the bars there - esp the Soggy Dollar and the famous Painkillers! After JVD, we went to Norman Island to snorkel and see the caves then it was off to Willy T's the famous floating bar. The best thing was that the boat was ours for the day, the skipper took us wherever we wanted to go and at the end of the day dropped us off right at the cruise ship pier. http://www.kingcharters.com/

It is agreat day when you can visit not only sandy spit and Josts but the Caves and WT - Not the same as a day of sailing but you covered alot of area and we may look at that next time we stay there.

That sounds perfect!! How big is the power boat? My only concern is I will have 3 kids and 1 passenger will be pregnant. Think the boat is ok?

Littlebrook can tell you how their experience was, but alot depends on the sea conditions of course. On the larger sailboats sailing between Tortola and the other islands it is a great experience in good weather. In this case you're in a smaller 30 ft motorboat moving very fast between sites because of the vast distances so I would expect a bit rougher ride and I'd be concerned about the pregnant one. We've taken a 28 ft powerboat from Tortola to Josts and that was a rough ride on decent seas.

You should contact them directly to see if they will take someone pregnant or even kids.

Littlebrook can tell you how their experience was, but alot depends on the sea conditions of course. On the larger sailboats sailing between Tortola and the other islands it is a great experience in good weather. In this case you're in a smaller 30 ft motorboat moving very fast between sites because of the vast distances so I would expect a bit rougher ride and I'd be concerned about the pregnant one. We've taken a 28 ft powerboat from Tortola to Josts and that was a rough ride on decent seas.

You should contact them directly to see if they will take someone pregnant or even kids.

Thanks :-) I checked out the reviews on Tripadvisor and they were not good at all. :cool:

Thanks :-) I checked out the reviews on Tripadvisor and they were not good at all. :cool:

We read the reviews too but there were only a couple of them over a couple years and at least one was for a fully equipped boat rented for a week. I can only relate to our own experience last week which was really very good. The boat handled the waves well and only hit hard on one wave between Jost and Norman Island - other than that it rode very smooth with the twin outboard engines. Seats are padded and the boat is quite "deep" so I would say safe for kids. There are two ladders on the rear of the boat to get back in if you swim - there are no docks so you have to either jump out or use the ladders but they were easy to use. It would depend on the pregnant person's personal mobility & situtation to decide if it's right for them. Our 11 yr old was with us - group ranged from 11 - 72 yrs and we all enjoyed the day.

Will do :) As soon as I hear something

I received a great rate from Aristocrat. Let me know if you would like to email or call me, and we can discuss the details and see if this works out for everyone. I'm leaving for another cruise 1 week from Friday, so I would like to reserve this before I leave.

Archived