Many Children on New Years Week?

Snostar

I've never cruised with my son outside a school Holiday. We will be on the Valor Dec30th-Jan6th, he will be missing 3 days of school. It was far more affordable than Christmas week, besides we will have family visiting that week. I am hoping there will be plenty of kids for him (he is 12). I have yet to find anyone in my roll call with children around his age.

Anyone with experience cruising during a period that overlaps just a partial school holiday......are there still lots of kids?

We went on Explorer of the Seas last February....something like 1200 kids on that cruise! But, that nwas a full holiday week.

take your son the sign up for Camp Carnival or Circle C or O2 which ever age group he falls into. i'm sure there will be other kids on the ship. My 14 year old had a blast and still talks, texts and skyps to the group of kids he met in July.

Thank you for your input, unfortunately my son can't stand those clubs. You were traveling in July? Schools were out at that point. I was really looking for input from someone who has traveled with children where that travel overlapped on school days. Both of my sons still communicate with some of our cruise mates from February too!

We just got off the Fascination on Saturday. My sons missed 3 days this past week as well. I was very worried there would not be any kids their age on the ship-one turned 16 onboard and our youngest is 13. I started a roll call on here and we even had a fbook page. I put a post about anyone else travelling with their kids, only one person said she was. But to my happy surprise, when we got to the port, there was A LOT of kids my boys ages. I had my boys go to the meet n greet in Circle C and Club O2 and they met a lot of kids. They are all friends now on fbook and they text. We always saw them with their friends and it was hard to tear them away from each other Saturday morning. I think you will be ok, I don't blame you for being nervous, I certainly was! This was the first time my boys would not be in the same kids club and I was worried one would be bored and the other would make friends, but they both made a good # of friends. :)

Since you're leaving from Miami, keep in mind that Miami-Dade county public schools don't return from Winter/Christmas/New Year's break until the 7th of January. So there is a good chance that there will be plenty of families with kids on your cruise. My family and I are also going on a New Years cruise out of Baltimore. Since our cruise stops at Port Canaveral, and we are planning on going to Universal's Island of Adventure, I checked the local Orlando public school breaks in order to gauge the amount of kids (and ultimately crowded-ness) that will be in the park the day we are there. Its the same in Orlando as it is in Miami so I suspect many Florida public schools will still be on break during the week of our cruises. So like I said, there may be many more kids on your cruise than you think!

Archived