Mini Bar charge

joe6666

There is no way that jerk could have charged us by mistake. This is the second time this has happened, and I swear the next ......

Reminds me of hospital bills, stuff gets used so someone will be charged for it - seemingly those with good insurance.

We have never had a problem with the items being removed from our fridge. We have medications that require refrigeration and have filed the appropriate "special needs" forms with RCI prior to cruising.

There are certain types of eye drops that need refrigeration, not just insulin. Just saying.....

Strange things happen with mini-bar items. On our last cruise, all of the snack boxes were there, but they were all empty. I'm glad the stateroom attendant was available so I could show him. On the cruise before that, there were 3 cans of coke turned upside down -- they were also empty.

And y'all know who was going to get charged for this, right?

This is why I always have the stateroom attendant "watch" as I empty the contents and place them in the cabinet above the refrigerator.

We were also overcharged by at least 10 dollars, not on on our final bill through the door but on on credit card when we got home. Not worth pursuing, but hey there might be lots of other people like us just leave it, it all adds up if people don't pursue it.

After reading this post I will take it up with RCCL next time it happens as it looks like it happens a lot.

Ok... It was not a big deal, but the mini bar guy charged us about $5 for a bottle of water that we didn't use.

We never use the mini bar and I told the guy just that.

I also showed him where I had put all the mini bar items in a cabinet.

So my choice was eat the mistake or go stand in line.

There is no way that jerk could have charged us by mistake. This is the second time this has happened, and I swear the next time I will find out the guy's name and mention him by name to Mr Goldstine, the Captain, and anyone else I can think of that this jerk should be fired.

And yes.... He is a jerk.

And no….. They refuse to remove the mini bar items from my cabin.

You can still send in your date and cabin number, physical description of "the jerk" and they will figure out the name.

You can still send in your date and cabin number, physical description of "the jerk" and they will figure out the name.

Right….As if the ship doesn’t know who is allowed to “inventory” the mini bar in my cabin.

They give him a master key that will open all the cabin doors and he makes no attempt to meet me or leave a note saying who he is. He just goes into any occupied or unoccupied cabin on his “rounds” and charges whatever he wants against my account.

Believe me…. They don’t need a description to figure out who he is.

On every cruise we've taken, we've asked the stateroom attendant to remove everything from the mini fridge. Each time, the items have been removed. Sometimes we find them in the closet and once under the bed. On our last cruise, our attendant told us to put the items in a high cabinet... so we did.

Sure enough, about midway through the cruise we were charged for TONS of stuff. Of course I went to guest relations and spoke to them about it. They told me the housekeeping department has people who go through the cabins and take inventory about midway and again at the end.

Apparently our cabin attendant did not tell housekeeping he had told us to move the stuff. The GR guy called housekeeping and they had to send another person to our cabin to verify all of the stuff was indeed in the cabinet where we were told to put it. Only then, would they take off the charges.

Sometimes I think it's simply a lack of communication. Next cruise I'm going to put a sticky note on the fridge, telling the inventory person where the stuff is.

Ann

OK lets do the math since this seems to happen a lot. We will use LOS and assume $5 per cabin and 52 since ships sail almost every week.

1817 cabins x 5 = 9085 x 52 = $472,420 for just one ship! Now I know this does not happen to everyone and people do get the charges reversed, and their are other variables, but it gives you a general idea of the amount that is possible. Even if it is a fraction of this that is still a lot of money when you think of how many ships RCL has. It also shows you why this probably happens alot.

When you consider how many customers get pissed off when they are charged for mini bar items they didn't use, one would think that the cruise line would crack down on these employees who are causing this.

Good GRIEF!!..If I were as worked up over a $5 mischarge as you seem to be I would have picked up the phone, called RCL and gotten it reversed...instead of spending hours on a cruise chat board calling people jerks...and bad mouthing the help in general...either fix the problem or get over it already....:cool:

Good GRIEF!!..If I were as worked up over a $5 mischarge as you seem to be I would have picked up the phone, called RCL and gotten it reversed...instead of spending hours on a cruise chat board calling people jerks...and bad mouthing the help in general...either fix the problem or get over it already....

Are you so gullible as to think that these bogus charges are accidents?

A guy who tries to take my money by using his position of trust is at least a jerk.

And I don’t care if it is only $5.

Doesn’t the word “trust” mean anything to you?

Good GRIEF!!..If I were as worked up over a $5 mischarge as you seem to be I would have picked up the phone, called RCL and gotten it reversed...instead of spending hours on a cruise chat board calling people jerks...and bad mouthing the help in general...either fix the problem or get over it already....:cool:

And I haven't seen anyone "bad mouthing the help in general".

Archived