No more cruise wedding

cupcake8503

Hi everyone!!

I just wanted to let you all know that my fiance & I decided to no longer have a cruise wedding. I started to miss being able to do all the fun wedding things like selected a DJ, visiting a florist, choosing my photographer/videographer, etc and realized that I wanted more control than I thought. My fiance was on board because now he gets to have a 5 hour party.

I was scared to change plans because our save the dates went out but our friends & family were very understanding. In fact, they were happy that they didn't have to worry about the check-in hassle. LOL Thankfully, my mother & stepdad were the only ones that booked the cruise so far and they ended up just changing the cruise date to match my little brothers' spring break. In the end everything worked out and we will still do a cruise for our honeymoon.

I wish you all the very best and hope that your wedding is everything that you want and dream of. And most important, I hope that your marriage is filled with love & happiness.

Hi everyone!!

I just wanted to let you all know that my fiance & I decided to no longer have a cruise wedding. I started to miss being able to do all the fun wedding things like selected a DJ, visiting a florist, choosing my photographer/videographer, etc and realized that I wanted more control than I thought. My fiance was on board because now he gets to have a 5 hour party.

I was scared to change plans because our save the dates went out but our friends & family were very understanding. In fact, they were happy that they didn't have to worry about the check-in hassle. LOL Thankfully, my mother & stepdad were the only ones that booked the cruise so far and they ended up just changing the cruise date to match my little brothers' spring break. In the end everything worked out and we will still do a cruise for our honeymoon.

I wish you all the very best and hope that your wedding is everything that you want and dream of. And most important, I hope that your marriage is filled with love & happiness.

funny, i went through the opposite. we started with the full-fledged wedding idea and i thought "how can i get out of this?" LOL. i definitely prefer the small and simple.

have fun and best of luck through the process. here's an idea: do the cruise for your one-year anniversary. :) we're already thinking of doing that, since we decided this cruise wedding would just have us two sailing. so for our one-year, we'll open it up to family and friends to come with us if they'd like. we're actually going to mention it AT the wedding, so people can start planning/saving now. :)

funny, i went through the opposite. we started with the full-fledged wedding idea and i thought "how can i get out of this?" LOL. i definitely prefer the small and simple.

have fun and best of luck through the process. here's an idea: do the cruise for your one-year anniversary. :) we're already thinking of doing that, since we decided this cruise wedding would just have us two sailing. so for our one-year, we'll open it up to family and friends to come with us if they'd like. we're actually going to mention it AT the wedding, so people can start planning/saving now. :)

Yes it's important to just do what's in your heart. And I am planning for a European cruise for our 1 year since we are doing the eastern Caribbean for our honeymoon. I can't wait!

Archived