Snorkel from beach

laura6769

Hi,

Can anyone recommend the best beach to snorkel from? I have my own equipment so don't need to rent.

I just don't want to go on a tour as my husband refuses to swim for an excursion is a waste of money for him.

Any beach with umbrellas and decent snorkeling from shore?

We were also thinking of renting bicycles and riding to a nice beach for the day.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

We will be there next week & read on the threads that Pillory Beach fits the bill. We plan on doing just waht u said, rent bikes & snorkle. I'll hopefully remember to come back & report what I find, but that will be after Nov 26th :)

• 8 months later...

Well, just saw that I never came back & responded....sorry, probably too late but anyway.... We loved riding bieks on Grand Turk. We rented our 2 bikes just outside the port gate from a guy who just had a few bikes sitting there....I think it was $15 each. We rode to the light house & then to Pillory beach. It was good exercise & not too difficult....the hill to the light house is a little challenging but not bad at all if you ride bikes occassionally. Pillory Beach is nice, uncrowded, but a bust for snorkling when we were there. Water was very cloudy/sandy, couldn't see more than a few feet in front of you.

Archived