New internet rates???

hihosilvers

Very curious if anyone can confirm new prices for internet use. I read in another post, that there was an unlimited package offered for $39. Does anyone know if this is fleet-wide? We will be on the Breeze in Jan.

Thanks.

Sounds like Carnival is offering this special rate on selected ships. The $39.99 is unlimited for one device. The $99.99 is for a higher speed & 2 devices from what I have read. Some ships are offering calls ship to shore (home) for $1.99 a minute & that may be fleetwide soon! Cheaper than cell phone fees!

Very curious if anyone can confirm new prices for internet use. I read in another post, that there was an unlimited package offered for $39. Does anyone know if this is fleet-wide? We will be on the Breeze in Jan.

Thanks.

We are hoping this is offered on the Breeze as well in January!

I'm on the Victory this Sunday and need internet access! I'm so confused, not all websites are up to date (hello, Carnival) on what the costs are.

Right now, it's $99 a week for 1 unit (or username/password) and unlimited internet, right? DD has a paper to submit and I have an online business so we will need access to the internet at all times.

Right now that internet plan is being tried out on the Dream and the Magic. As of a few days ago, someone asked John Heald about it on his Facebook page and he said he didn't know about any specific plans yet either way on the Breeze.

Since Carnival has made no announcements as to what's going to happen with the plan, for all we know they could decide it's a bad idea and stop it on all ships tomorrow, or they could decide it's a good idea and roll it out on all ships tomorrow. No way to tell.

But I find it encouraging that it started as a six week trial on the Dream and has now continued for over twice that, and expanded to the Magic. It bodes well for the Breeze getting it next, maybe even as soon as it finishes the Transatlantic, since it's the flagship and the same class as the Dream and Magic. (I'm crossing my fingers for that, myself, as I'm sailing on the Breeze in the beginning of December...)

I don't know about the other ships though - they might need some new networking / communications infrastructure to implement this.

I'm on the Victory this Sunday and need internet access! I'm so confused, not all websites are up to date (hello, Carnival) on what the costs are.

Right now, it's $99 a week for 1 unit (or username/password) and unlimited internet, right? DD has a paper to submit and I have an online business so we will need access to the internet at all times.

AFAIK, it's *not* on the Victory yet, just on the Dream and Magic. On all the other ships, you have the old type of internet access, slow, and charged by the minute (like 75 cents a minute!) -- *very* expensive. My suspicion is that they have newer satellite / microwave connections on the new ships which let them multiplex faster access between the satellite connections and island towers, and are thus trying out this type of pricing on the new ships. If it goes well, I expect it to go to the Breeze fairly quickly, but wouldn't be surprised if it takes a long time (and possibly a *very* long time) to get to the older ships. Might happen in concert with future 2.0 upgrades... and will likely depend on the itinerary/region the ship is operating in.

Archived