Welcome Tours, Beulah reviews

merinski

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are booked with her company for the half day Nevis Island tour on our upcoming Jan. cruise.

The tour has to have 4 people to go but only had the two of us signed up, and I was keeping my fingers crossed that someone else would sign up. I checked on e-mail a couple times with her to see, and there had not been anyone but she promptly answered my e-mail.

Then a few days ago she personally called on the phone very excited that someone else from Cruise Critic was joining us and the tour was a go. I was so impressed with her care and excitement for us, that I am very confident this is going to be a wonderful adventure!

I met Beulah on the pier when I visited last week. I explained that I was already booked on a cruise ship excursion to Nevis and we chatted for ages. I wish I had heard of her before and gone with her..... she is so sweet.... she actually introduced me to the Governor General who pulled up in his car!!

Now I can't verify her touring skills but Nevis is absolutely wonderful and I'm sure you won't be disappointed; I would love to go back and visit some more.... it's a hidden gem of the Caribbean. I've loads of pics in my blog below..... start at page 20 post 393

Linda: You posted great pictures and so fun to see a picture of Beulah!

She is really nice. She lives for 6 months in the UK and 6 months with her mother in St Kitts. Great life!

I wish the Cruise ships would advertise Nevis more....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

I have seen Beulah many times on Port Zante and she is energetic and knows how to work the crowd. She lives on the island all year round ( not with her mother) but has a nice, large house at Half Moon Bay/ Frigate Bay and travels back to the UK for the summer break. I did consider Beulah/Welcome Tours based on her reviews for a custom tour for a large group but that did not materialize as I found out as a tour company/Welcome Tours does not carry liability insurance ( not referring to the taxi driver vehicle that has to be insured like any other transport on the road) and for me personally that is a no no. We did settle with another tour operator that was fully insured. However, I wish Beulah continued success.

We had our cruise planned, which included a stop in St. Kitts for November 26 on the Summit. I had procrastinated and contacted Beulah only a few short days before leaving for our cruise and she was not only quick to respond, but even arranged a tour for us despite my last minute timing. She met us in the port and had everything planned out perfectly. Beulah has everything planned out so perfectly that I had no concern whatsoever, and it takes a lot for me to even consider saying something like that, that I would not hesitate in one second to use her again or to recommend her. She more than met my expectations of a wonderful day: She exceeded them!

• 1 month later...
Toured St. Kitt a few years ago. Would now like to tour Nevis on our Feb. Celebrity cruise. Considering Welcome Tours with Beula. What does her tour include? How much per person. Can anyone tell me how to contact her? Thanks in advance.

Here's a link to her website. We are considering touring with her on our cruise next year.

http://tourstkittsandnevis.com/

We just returned from an Emerald Princess cruise (Jan. 26-Feb. 5) and our tour with Beulah Mills of Welcome Tours.

We booked the Nevis Half Day Tour and Beulah met us at the port and walked the four of us on this tour over to the ferry. There were suppose to be six, but the other couple did not show up. Shame on them! This is the livelihood of these people and to book and then not show up is terrible!

She does not request a deposit, and to me that is a wonderful convenience, but she takes a chance that people will do this to her. Again, shame on them!

Our tour was $50 a person and ferry ride fees are all included. We were met by a very nice man named, Al Forbes, as soon as we got to Nevis. He was very informative and took us all around the island. This is strictly a sightseeing tour. You really don't tour inside the museums or botanical garden. We could have gone in to the garden for a $13 a person, but we just felt like there was not enough time to really enjoy it. Thankfully we didn't, as the ferry ride back, which is a different ferry than the one we took over had some difficulties and was an hour late leaving Nevis.

The original ferry, about a 5 minute walk from the port, takes 45 minutes; and the one coming back that we used was called the SeaBridge and probably under 15. It brought us in to Majors Bay.

Beulah met us at the other end on St. Kitts and chauffeured us back to the ship giving us a little St. Kitts sightseeing tour as well.

We saw some really beautiful places and had a wonderful day. Beulah is wonderful!!!

Here is Beulah and me with her sign.IMG_4959.JPG

Coming in to Nevis

IMG_4963.JPG

Ferry ride back.

IMG_5002.JPG

I would not hesitate to book another tour with Beulah again. She has wonderful prices and great service! We were back in plenty of time to the ship even with the problem with the ferry.

• 2 weeks later...
Just sent my 3rd request for a tour through her website. Still have not gotten a response.:confused:

Starting to wonder if I am going to need alternate plans.:(

Me too! Guess we are going to have to find other options. Maybe she's not living there right now? An earlier post says she lives in UK 6 months and St Kitts 6 months

Me too! Guess we are going to have to find other options. Maybe she's not living there right now? An earlier post says she lives in UK 6 months and St Kitts 6 months
This morning I sent off an e-mail to her direct instead of through her web site. We shall see.

info@tourstkittsnevis.com

I'm not sure if this is a different adress. I may call at

869 663 2527

869 466 1820 or perhaps give up.

Edited by richstowe

I did not get the impression that she lived in England in for any length of time. She grew up there for several years, and I believe her mother is there. Her home is in St. Kitts.

Maybe she had a family emergency and had to go there, but this is their busy time for tourism in St. Kitts, so I don't think it would just be for fun.

I hope you do get a hold of her, as her tour was great.

One possible issue might be the spam filter on your email. I had a similar issue recently where I emailed a different tour operator (Clay Villa) in St Kitts and didn't hear back. I emailed again about a week later to let them know I hadn't heard from them and they emailed me back right away using their personal account with their original response attached (which they had sent promptly following my first email). The first email was from their business account which didn't make it through to my inbox. You might want to touch base again to see if that is the case with your situation.

One possible issue might be the spam filter on your email. I had a similar issue recently where I emailed a different tour operator (Clay Villa) in St Kitts and didn't hear back. I emailed again about a week later to let them know I hadn't heard from them and they emailed me back right away using their personal account with their original response attached (which they had sent promptly following my first email). The first email was from their business account which didn't make it through to my inbox. You might want to touch base again to see if that is the case with your situation.

Thanks, I do check my junk folder regularly and there wasn't anything. It's ok, I figured out other plans that day. Thank you!

This morning I sent off an e-mail to her direct instead of through her web site. We shall see.

info@tourstkittsnevis.com

I'm not sure if this is a different adress. I may call at

869 663 2527

869 466 1820 or perhaps give up.

did you get through?? I decided to try again and email them directly info@tourstkittsnevis.com instead of through their website. I got aDelivery Status Notification (Delay)‏. sigh....hopefully it'll go through eventually! I want to go to a beach dang it!! :p

I did not get the impression that she lived in England in for any length of time. She grew up there for several years, and I believe her mother is there. Her home is in St. Kitts.

Maybe she had a family emergency and had to go there, but this is their busy time for tourism in St. Kitts, so I don't think it would just be for fun.

I hope you do get a hold of her, as her tour was great.

I just thought I saw it on a post earlier, but might have been mistaken! I do hope I can get in touch with her! :)

We're booked with Buelah for a hike on Nevis next January. She responded to my e-mails very promptly.

How did you get in touch with her? Directly on her website or via email at info@tourstkittsnevis.com? I don't know if you could tell her that I am trying to get in touch with her for me lol ;) My email is ashleydimauro at hotmail.com My name is the email too.

I did try through the website twice and then I emailed directly last night. As of right now, I don't think my email has gone through yet. I got a Delivery Status Notification (Delay)‏.

How did you get in touch with her? Directly on her website or via email at info@tourstkittsnevis.com? I don't know if you could tell her that I am trying to get in touch with her for me lol ;) My email is ashleydimauro at hotmail.com My name is the email too.

I did try through the website twice and then I emailed directly last night. As of right now, I don't think my email has gone through yet. I got a Delivery Status Notification (Delay)‏.

I contacted her through her website. Once I got that response, I had a couple of additional questions and e-mailed her at tourstkittsasndnevis@gmail.com and got a response back the next day.

I contacted her through her website. Once I got that response, I had a couple of additional questions and e-mailed her at tourstkittsasndnevis@gmail.com and got a response back the next day.

When I copied it - it came back as an delivery failure. I changed it to tourstkittsandnevis@gmail.com and hopefully I hear back soon! Thank you!

• 4 months later...
Just sent my 3rd request for a tour through her website. Still have not gotten a response.:confused:

Starting to wonder if I am going to need alternate plans.:(

We just sent in our 2nd request also, as she never responded to the first one four days ago. I'm beginning to wonder also!

Darlene