Airport transfers in Seattle

Texas_cruiser

Hi all! We're finalizing details for our 6/4 cruise on Diamond Princess out of Seattle. I didn't book transfers with the cruise line since we'll be traveling with my 81 yr old m-i-l and last cruise there was a considerable walk (and wait) for the bus. Can anyone recommend a shuttle company? Should I arrange in advance? There will be 4 of us traveling - so I'm guessing a taxi wouldn't accomodate us and all our luggage.

thanks for any suggestions!

texas_cruiser :)

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but we used Shuttle Express for our party of 6. $90 plus tip round trip for the whole crowd and 12 pieces of luggage. The fare is for a shared 9-passenger van. With fewer passengers, your fare should be lower.

Walking may be a problem, though. Ground transporation of most flavors, including Shuttle Express, is located primarily in SeaTac's parking ramp. I think it took us about 10 minutes to find the place after going up an escalator from Baggage Claim (there might be an elevator nearby instead), crossing the sky bridge, then down an elevator to Level 3, then about 50 yards or so to the van service. When we got out of the elevator, we didn't see signage directing us to Shuttle Express, so we had to ask someone. Maybe with this information it won't take you as long as it did us.

You might see one of their vans backed into a slip loading passengers. It will be white with blue and yellow markings. You need to check in at their desk which is located away from the parking slips (a driver had to point us the way). Your name will then be added to the list of those on deck for loading. A TV monitor at the pickup point has the names of those next to load and the van number they will be loaded in.

I think the Diamond Princess docks at Terminal 30 on Marginal Way. It shares the terminal with the Oosterdam, which sails an hour later. Shuttle Express will take you to the door, but when we arrived we had to then walk back around the building to the end of the line for check-in. Naturally, we hit it at the most crowded time! It took us an hour to check-in (Oosterdam), so a lot of standing. I think there were benches at the front of the line where elders can wait and be "picked up" when their traveling companions finally migrate to the front of the line and move to a check-in window. Perhaps you could contact the Princess ship's services to verify this.

Upon return the following Saturday, you'll find that both ships disembark at the same time, so be prepared for a little chaos (3600 pax from DP; 1800 pax from O'dam). The Shuttle Express vans leave from an area just to the north of Terminal 30 under some yellow awnings. If you were cruising on the Oosterdam, it would be a heck of a walk for her, especially through the crowd of the Diamond Princess waiting to board buses out front; but since you are FROM the Diamond Princess to begin with, you will already be half way there.

If you decide to use this service, you might want to call their 800 number to book a reservation ahead of time. Shuttle Express also has a website. I paid for round trip service at their desk in the parking ramp, but I think I could have paid the driver with my credit card (or cash) when we arrived at the ship.

Hope this helps. Your mother, along with the other passengers on the ship, will greatly appreciate your being with her. Have a great cruise!:)

Hi all! We're finalizing details for our 6/4 cruise on Diamond Princess out of Seattle. I didn't book transfers with the cruise line since we'll be traveling with my 81 yr old m-i-l and last cruise there was a considerable walk (and wait) for the bus. Can anyone recommend a shuttle company? Should I arrange in advance? There will be 4 of us traveling - so I'm guessing a taxi wouldn't accomodate us and all our luggage.

thanks for any suggestions!

texas_cruiser :)

Hey texas cruiser - we have a roll call going on the Princess roll call board...come on over and say hello! There are actually some threads on the Alaska board about different town car services in Seattle...that might be a good option for you too. They didn't seem too expensive!

Hey cyndepet - I've been trying to get to the Princess Roll Call since yesterday, but not getting anywhere (times out or "server not found"). I can get everywhere else, except for the Roll Call for Princess 6/4. Any suggestions? :(

Archived