Cove Balcony- Breeze

bobnfl

My wife and I are looking at a cove balcony on the Breeze next year. we have never had a cove balcony before, just a standard balcony. Can any tell me what a cove balcony is like and where would be the best place to book one on the Breeze.

Thanks for any help

Bob

I had one for our disaster of a cruise in the Med. in October. It was the best part of our cruise. The balcony was comfortable to sit out on, even under way. It was well-protected from the weather during windy and rainy days. The only issue I ran into is that the spray often left a crust of salt on the railing, but it's really easy to wipe off and it really makes you feel like you're on a boat.

They have a glass door that swings out to the balcony and a full size window. When the ship has to go across the wind and waves (if the waves are sizeable), there is an outer steel door that the staff closes from the outside over the inside glass door, such that you cannot get to your balcony, but you still have a window. The steel door serves as a partition bewteen your balcony and the balcony next to yours when it is open.

I had one near midship, which combined with a daily regimen of Bonine kept my wife very comfortable even during some pretty rough seas and she gets seasick pretty easily. The Breeze is a ship designed to travel well in rough weather as long as it's into or with the wind.

One night on my trip, there were 40-50 mph of wind (it was howling out) and 20 foot waves and the boat was plowing through them with very little movement - or at least significantly less movement than I had on the Fantasy in less air and less waves a few years ago. It was rather impressive.

Cove Balcony video in my sig below.

Book as far forward as possible.

Thanks for the response. after watching your vid we decided to book a cove balcony after the first of the year. we are still deciding on which month to go. since we are both turning 60yo next year we want to do something special.

Thanks Bob & Raquel

Archived