Balcony door

scumbers

Hi all

Bit of a random question but if u close the balcony door when you are on the balcony does it lock as I don't want to be locked out lol

Cheers

I can speak about the doors on Reflection. It will not accidentally lock. The only way to lock the door is by turning a small round knob at the top of the door frame which slides a bolt into the door only when it is fully closed and the door handle moved into the "stored" position. The only way the door can be locked is if someone deliberately locks it.

Hi all

Bit of a random question but if u close the balcony door when you are on the balcony does it lock as I don't want to be locked out lol

Cheers

The sliding glass doors on the M Class ships can and do lock accidentally by themselves. Once while sailing on the Infinity this happened to me. Fortunately, I was in a stern facing FV cabin and was able to summon help by yelling 'Help' up to the Lido.

The sliding glass doors on the M Class ships can and do lock accidentally by themselves. Once while sailing on the Infinity this happened to me. Fortunately, I was in a stern facing FV cabin and was able to summon help by yelling 'Help' up to the Lido.

It must have been that you left the locking handle in the almost locked position when the door was opened and it went into the locked position when the door was closed from the outside. I didn't know that this could happen as it takes some force or pressure on the handle to move it from the unlocked position to the locked one.

This is something to keep in mind next time I'm in a M class balcony cabin. Good thing our upcoming cruise is on Eclipse.

But then, we don't have a balcony cabin for this cruise. We were hoping to upgrade to one if the price went lower and that didn't happen.

Happen to me on the Summit also, luckily someone was on the inside. Heard a story about someone who got locked out on a port day out on the balcony and no one around so he used his cell phone to call the home office in Miami and they notified the ship and sent a steward up let him back into his cabin.

J.

Interestingly, it does happen. DH and I spent most of the day on our FV during the Panama Canal Transit.When I let the room steward know (and his assistant)that we were in the room but out on the balcony enjoying the canal and he could come in to take care of our room. He was glad about that and when we went to go back in, our balcony door had been locked.!!! :eek: I noticed that after cleaning, routinely they lock the door to the balcony.

Fortunately our neighbors were out on their balcony and I asked them to summon the room steward who embarrassingly apologized for locking us out.

Honestly, I know there is always someone who could hear cries of help if needed.

Enjoy your cruise and do not worry!

Archived