Pictures really Carribean Princess?

PSCruiser

I have the 2004-05 Princess Carribean brochure. Having recently booked a balcony (Aloha) on the Carribean Princess, I'm looking at the picture and trying to figure where my balcony will be. The CP should have 5 1/2 balcony decks - Dolphin, Caribe, Baja, Aloha, and Riveria, then the partial balconies on Lido. In the brochure, and on the website, I can only see 4 1/2 decks - no Riveria deck, same as the other Grand class. Do I need new glasses or is Princess using the wrong pictures?

Princess often uses stock pictures. In some you’ll notice that the name on the bow of the ship is air brushed out so that the picture can be used for more than one purpose. Many of the pictures attributed to Caribbean Princess were taken before the ship was even in service and so are the older Grand Class sisters. Right – a count of the decks (or view of the MUTS pool area) is a dead giveaway.

Stock pictures, and airbrushed photos of shipbuilder's models.

For years and years after the Crown Princess left the fleet, it was her picture in the brochures allegedly depicting Regal Princess. Although very very similar, there were differences, particularly in the balconies on Baja deck.

The deck plans in the brochures are often wrong also. There are differences in the layout and placement of inside cabins in the Sun class of ships, particularly forward on Riviera and Aloha decks. Sometimes the fine print at the bottom of the page will say that it varies, but it doesn't elaborate.

Archived