Bit of a blog - Adventure of the Seas – B2B in the Caribbean – 18th November 2012

People are put in negative pressure rooms for all kinds of infectious diseases. And people who are immuno-compromised have issues with a multitude of contagious organisms and need to be careful anywhere they go. Getting on an airplane or being in a crowded place like on a cruise ship is probably not the best idea. We are exposed every day to people carrying transmittable infectious agents. And yes, a person can die from chicken pox and can easily die from the flu too. And the same is true for almost any other virus, bacteria, or fungus if the conditions are right but most of us don't. Once again, it isn't the plague. My point was that there is no reason to put the person off the ship at the first port of call as was suggested. I am quite sure the ship's medical staff will take appropriate steps to protect the shipboard community. And of course, this all assuming it is chicken pox and not some coxsackie virus which can look similar. But since I have not looked at the rash I'll leave it at that.

True, and I didn't say they needed to be kicked off the ship...just that it isn't the plague nor is it a 'joke' to be taken lightly and allow people to spread it around. I didn't mean my comments to be a 'slam' only pointing out the seriousness of the illness, many people think that since it's "only chickenpox" that it's no big deal.

Sorry, I Didn't mean to hijack the lovely review Linda...

True, and I didn't say they needed to be kicked off the ship...just that it isn't the plague nor is it a 'joke' to be taken lightly and allow people to spread it around. I didn't mean my comments to be a 'slam' only pointing out the seriousness of the illness, many people think that since it's "only chickenpox" that it's no big deal.

Sorry, I Didn't mean to hijack the lovely review Linda...

Agreeing with you :) Particularly for pregnant women.....that was mentioned in the letter the ship sent out to tell everyone.

Archived