Suite Life-Am I creating little monsters?

JMHAM1

Yes but there is still the issue of a full suite adjoining a mini...it is my understanding that the two in the mini would not have the suite perks even if they are children. That means they would not be able to go to Cagney's for breakfast or lunch correct? Having 2 of our family of 8 not being able to go up there to eat would be an issue.

I would contact NCL and verify if you could pay a surcharge to get everyone the VIP perks since all are your own children.

Understand me well, I would not suggest that if you were cruising with friends or adult children but your case is different and I hope NCL can do something to accomodate you.

The 2-bedroom suite + minisuite would work much better since you would have your own bedroom and bathroom and your kids would get a bed each (2 single beds + a fold out couch in the mini-suite / fold out couch and pull down bed in the 2nd bedroom + a bed in the suite living room) or two of them can share a fold-out couch and then the living room stays free for anyone getting up earlier/going to bed later.

Well we took the plunge and did two side by side forward suites for our 2013 cruise with the kiddos! Originally we had a mini with an inside across the hall with 4 in each cabin. I really wanted the extra room and convinced DH that the balcony would be fine.

We have 6 kids....age at cruise time will be 15, 12, 12, 11, 10 & 3

I'm SUPER excited as it will be our first Suite as well. This will be the first cruise for the kids so I think we are setting the bar pretty high.

What can we expect with these cabins? Jewel 10000 & 10500 CAT SE.

Does anyone have pics of this room with the sofa bed pulled out?

How do the butlers do with kids? I'll bet they are thinking OY when they see a group coming!

I can't wait until next year!!

We were recently in 10500 with our two kids (12,13). There was plenty of room for the four of us. 10000 is identical to 10500 as far as I know.

Sorry, no pictures with the bed pulled out but the room is pretty spacious. In fact, the pull out bed seemed bigger than our bed.

Not sure what your question is. You have 8 people and 2 quads. Should be no problem. No need for air mattresses.

The " new" foldout couch is far more comfortable than the old ones .

The last one we had was large enough for two teens .

I slept on it one night with one of the kids and we never crowded each other.

( Im a Big guy )

The queen and fold out are more than adequate for 4 ;)

Two very small people or one average adult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

No longer true. Last year all the sofas were switched out with much larger ones. Honestly, I know from experience. Two guys in the early twenties, DS is 6'5" and his buddy is 6'4", slept on the pullout when we had the OS. This bed is PLENTY large enough for two of her kids. ;)

I would contact NCL and verify if you could pay a surcharge to get everyone the VIP perks since all are your own children.

Understand me well, I would not suggest that if you were cruising with friends or adult children but your case is different and I hope NCL can do something to accomodate you.

The 2-bedroom suite + minisuite would work much better since you would have your own bedroom and bathroom and your kids would get a bed each (2 single beds + a fold out couch in the mini-suite / fold out couch and pull down bed in the 2nd bedroom + a bed in the suite living room) or two of them can share a fold-out couch and then the living room stays free for anyone getting up earlier/going to bed later.

There was a similar thread earlier this year re The Sun. Only has suites that sleep 4 and none connection. Discussed attached mini as a suite add on for children. As I recall it was quite the discussion. Might be worth searching for to see the resolution. I think they ended up with just the suite as NCL would not extend perks to minors in adjoining mini even with a surcharge.

Archived