Comparing Hurtigruten ships and indoor space

emckeeve

Can anyone tell me the difference in the various Hurtigruten ships - the 2003 ships vs. the 1996 ships? I'm mostly interested in public spaces and the room in observation lounges. Is there enough inside seating to watch the scenery go by?

Can anyone tell me the difference in the various Hurtigruten ships - the 2003 ships vs. the 1996 ships? I'm mostly interested in public spaces and the room in observation lounges. Is there enough inside seating to watch the scenery go by?

You can go to their website and look at the deck plans. That's the only way I know anything as I prepare for my cruise next March.

Hi,

As stated Deckplans give good impression. Also the panoramic shots of the ships with pics of lounges & other public areas. One thing to watch; the passenger numbers are misleading as can be max number of licensed fery customers - best to go by number of berths/cabins when comparing.

Non-objectively I'd say Trollfjord & Midnatsol feel roomier as they are more open plan.

Fair Winds & Weather

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. The older ships are fitting our itinerary better, but we would really like one of the newer ones. We'll keep working on it. (W'ere trying to catch one of them in Bodo after a land trip in the south.)

Thanks for the replies. The older ships are fitting our itinerary better, but we would really like one of the newer ones. We'll keep working on it. (W'ere trying to catch one of them in Bodo after a land trip in the south.)

I've not sailed on Midnatsol or Trollfjord but have sailed on Finnmarken which has plenty room inside, even when busy. I've also been on some of the middle ships and found they had plenty/varied seating areas.

It might be worth taking a look here where there are photographs and information from regular passengers

Archived