Horizon Tours lack of refund

July4

The Captain cancelled our stop due to weather. We called Debbie and Gus the night before and advised them and asked for a refund. Sent them several emails and no response. :mad: So beware if The Captain cancels the port you probably won't get your deposit back.:(

If it was clearly the company policy not to refund a deposit, then you may be out of luck.

However, a company's good reputation should be of utmost importance to them and they should be willing to look after you. If they fail to refund do call your credit card company. Let us know what happens. I often give advice on this forum and will put this information in my notes.

I have never paid a deposit because of possible situations like this. I have written to companies to explain why I would not pay a deposit, and they have allowed me to book without one.

It was Halifax, PEI

When I called the night before he said send him our address which we did as soon as we got home. He could not process via CC but would send us a check. Since we got home they have not responded to us:mad:

Archived