Is the Red sea cruise running

Yes, we go next week.

If you're doing a one week cruise we'll be getting on when you're get off so have a great holiday, bit worried about the excursions maybe they will be cancelled but better to be safe than sorry!!

My mate just come back this week and he loved it, he hasn't mentioned any changes in the excursions. We also go on the 6th and this being our third trip on the Red Sea will hopefully be enjoying the usual entertainment, food, drink, etc and not worrying about the troubles. In the past 2 years there has been "problems" in the area but it did not detract from the cruise and the only changes we had were that the Cairo museum was put off because of the demonstrations/troubles. Enjoy!

My mate just come back this week and he loved it, he hasn't mentioned any changes in the excursions. We also go on the 6th and this being our third trip on the Red Sea will hopefully be enjoying the usual entertainment, food, drink, etc and not worrying about the troubles. In the past 2 years there has been "problems" in the area but it did not detract from the cruise and the only changes we had were that the Cairo museum was put off because of the demonstrations/troubles. Enjoy!

That's great to hear, we've been planning on going for quite a few years now, but always ended up going somewhere else, really looking forward to it now. Glad you're going on the 6th Dec, as there didn't seem to be anyone else on this forum doing that date - may bump into you at dinner some night.

Wendy

Got back on 22nd from Red Sea Magic. Loved it. Celebration is possibly looking a bit tired but work are ongoing for the upgrade which I think is to be completed by May. Even though work was being carried out just along from our cabin it did not create any convenience. Although our cabin has not been refurbished I did get a sneak preview of an upgraded one and was very nice. Yo might be lucky! We were AI which probably does influence consumption levels! Being on one the first flights to arrive we had no sooner arrived at our cabin when our luggage arrived which was great.

We ate breakfast and dinner in the meridian and lunch in the lido. Food was fantastic. We paid the £19 per head cover charge to eat one night at mistrals which was weel worth it, again lovely food in an unrushed atmosphere.

There were some grumblings about the £15 charge for safe deposit box, I would rather have my valuables locked up, regardless of price.

The towels on sun beds policy was being enforced, particularly on the day at sea, 45 minutes. We witnessed towels being removed.

We only did the trip to Petra, which was a last minute decision. The bus journey was not as bad as I feared. We were advised to take warm clothing but I went in shoerts, sandals and polo shirt which I was glad because it was hot, particularly as there is a lot of walking. This trip is not cheap (entry ticket is apparently approx £50) but glad we went, has to be seen to appreciate it.

The ports in Egypt are industrial and unless you are going on an excursion there is nothing to get off the ship for, which we had already decided as we had been to Egypt before. The nature pof these ports are well documented beforehand.

All in all a thoroughly relaxing holiday.

many Thanks for this....Glad you have a good time....was V sunny & hot in Sharm that week:cool:

The towels on sun beds policy was being enforced, particularly on the day at sea, 45 minutes. We witnessed towels being removed.

This is great new!....I hope they will be doing this in the Dream too.....did you see any notices around the pool warning people not to reserve beds?

also, how did you find the new refurbished theatre

"The ports in Egypt are industrial and unless you are going on an excursion there is nothing to get off the ship for, which we had already decided as we had been to Egypt before. The nature pof these ports are well documented beforehand."

Walking through the ports at Sokhna and at Aqaba is now forbidden. You have to leave both by coach or taxi if you have pre arranged for one to come to the ship.There is usually a courtesy coach to the centre of Aqaba - there is nothing at Sokhna other than Thomson excursions unless you have pre arranged a pick up. As for Safaga - you can walk out of the port if you really want to - but once outside you will soon turn around and walk right back !

Sharm - once you have got past the firing line of taxis you can walk where you want !!

Is it worth taking our masks and fins? we love snorkelling will it be possible to do any trips?

I think you can snorkel in Sharm - but beware, there were three shark attack incidents there a couple of years back, one of them fatal.

Somebody with more specific knowledge may be able to advise.

Is it worth taking our masks and fins? we love snorkelling will it be possible to do any trips?

If you do the hotel trip in Safaga you will be able to snorkell there, also there is a beach in Aqaba but you would have to get a taxi to it I'm not sure how good it is for snorkelling though. Sharm is th best.....just look out for sharks :eek::eek:;).

Just done Celebration 29/11 to 6/12 - had a great time. But I'll be starting a thread soon about the 10 most irritating things that ignorant fellow passengers do without any thought for others.:eek:

Weather was great, including our first week in Na'ama Bay. Definitely best to 'stay' first, as the cruise is invariably the best week.

All excursions ran as scheduled. Never heard any complaints, apart from guides on the coaches rattling on too much over the microphone, and ignorant fellow passengers.:eek::eek:

Just done Celebration 29/11 to 6/12 - had a great time. But I'll be starting a thread soon about the 10 most irritating things that ignorant fellow passengers do without any thought for others.:eek:

Weather was great, including our first week in Na'ama Bay. Definitely best to 'stay' first, as the cruise is invariably the best week.

All excursions ran as scheduled. Never heard any complaints, apart from guides on the coaches rattling on too much over the microphone, and ignorant fellow passengers.:eek::eek:

Hello L Lad we are just back as well, pity we didn't bump into each other but we did meet up with Wkdsal and enjoyed their company and a few drinks:D Looking forward to your thread and agree with tour guide blethering on too much, we were on coach 2, I thought he was good but could speak for Jordan! Interesting to see your views on ignorant fellow passengers as well. I will do review next week sometime:)

See you on Thursday Sally when we get on Red Sea Magic cruise too. I don't think we get to the ship til about 6pm but we will still eat in the dining room rather than the buffet - time for a quick change, a couple of G&Ts and then our meal and a show I think! Really looking forward to it now - we have done a couple of previous cruises with Thomson and loved them. Roll on Thursday!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great time too, couldnt fault the ship at all, the staff were excellent, we only did the Wadi Rum trip and the guide talked a lot on that as well! Was lovely to meet up with 790294 and also Mad Dave from Leeds!! did you have that pleasure 790294 lol.

Will write a full review soon. Looking forward to the next one now

We had a great time too, couldnt fault the ship at all, the staff were excellent, we only did the Wadi Rum trip and the guide talked a lot on that as well! Was lovely to meet up with 790294 and also Mad Dave from Leeds!! did you have that pleasure 790294 lol.

Will write a full review soon. Looking forward to the next one now

Hi Sal yes we met Dave! Tell Pete I passed on the Leeds songs we eventually managed to bluetooth to each other in the Theatre to my mate in Kirkcaldy. Pity about last night's result:(.

We had great time, did Petra which was main reason for the cruise (and the free AI:D)

Archived