PC Dining...Diamond Princess

Bushido

I have now spoken with two CSAs in the Santa Clarita office, the second time pretending not to have had the previous conversation. I wanted to see if I could get the same story out of two Princess staffers.

Both times, they told me that PC dining on the Diamond was the way we all know it; traditional dining with the menu, and at the various themed restaurants, they had their own menu for each meal but you could also access the traditional menu.

I asked why all the uproar on line and in chat rooms; they both said they had no idea. I asked specifically if there were any changes, both said "No." One even told me: "I thought I had just explained that to you."

I asked them to check with a manager or supervisor....after being on hold a few minutes, they came back on line and told me that the dining procedures had changed about 2-3 weeks ago, but they had not been told. (Bad management, huh?)

So, the only option of PC is when and where you dine. All of the themed restaurants will now only offer the tradtional menu, altho each PC restaurant will offer one dish which compliments the theme of the restaurant. Both CSA adamantly told me that you can NOT order the specialized themed dish from any of the other restaurants, only that being offered in the restaurant in which you are seated.

So, it seems I got the same story twice, but only after prompting by me. Too bad customer service staff does not offer true customer service. That's poor oversight by management.:(

I spoke with my TA yesterday and she phoned Princess and received the same information you just posted...PC diners can eat when they want in the room they want, but only off the traditional menu with one or a few scattered theme choices per room...Its interesting to hear you say they said you cannot eat specialties from the other rooms...As most of the online community said you can...I guess Princess just keeps changing things around...Top down management should just be honest...I mean its not what I signed up for, but really its a cruise and the food will most often be good to great...So just be up front and let your cruisers know the truth...Diamond in 45 days

We were on the Diamond week of May 14 and one of the couple sitting with us in that Vavaldi restaurant said they had requested PC and were give traditional early seating, which is what we requested. I was sorta surprised to be seated in this dining room instead of the main room. The menus didn't have anything different in any of the dining rooms..I looked each evening..Thye were all the same..

Its a good thing...Princess should probably change the information as well...They are leading some people down the wrong path...Unlike some who will ask for money back or a total refund...I am just excited that we are 44 days from cruising!

When we were on the Diamond (May 14..which apparently is the first cruise where Princess started this change), we asked our waiter what was going on with the PC dining and the different menus. He essentially said what the posts above have stated except the one specialty dish which will be available in the respective specialty dining rooms will ONLY be available at the late seating or after 8:00 p.m. for PC diners. In other words, traditional early dining in the Vivaldi (where we were) does not have the option of picking the speciality "dish of the day".

Jim & Jennifer

Archived