Summit Sky Suite 6131, what do you think

wolfatlga

Greetings,

As you can see we are looking at the Summit, Southern Caribbean, and noted the 6131 Sky Suite looks to have a larger than normal balcony.

Any experiences with this one or other Sky Suites, trying to avoid the connecting doors, so this looked like a good alternative.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Wolf

I am recently off the Summit and had 6132. The balcony is most definitely larger which is a big pro. The con is that it jets out so the cabins to i think it would be your right and the cabins above can see your balcony. That lack of privacy bothers some people, not me. I pretty much lived out there and just waved or said hello to whomever was on their deck and in view. So if you want the larger balcony, book 6131. I probably won't book the similar or same again fir two reasons. 1) It is sold as midship but its absolutely aft. The elevatir right outside the door says "Aft." I usually book midship and felt more motion than i ever have on 5 previous cruises. i figure room location must have been part of that. 2) There is a penthouse suite next door with a hot tub on their balcony and I like my balcony dark at night. If the penthouse guests are out on their balcony or just forget and leave the balcony light on, my entire balcony was lit up as if our own lights were on. So, it's a great balcony and I enjoyed it but just know that there is a huge suite right next door and the way the balcony is shaped means a lack of privacy out there. For the record, I only heard my neighbor twice and after mentioning the light deal, that was resolved so I lucked out with very nice neighbors. :)

We were in 6125 last Dec. & it was wonderful. The balcony--smaller than 6131 but another of the ones by the bump out--had room for a big round table plus 2 lounge chairs. You won't have a view of the length of the ship (and folks on the other balconies). We ate out there regularly, as well as having in-room dining: the butler sets up a full table, tablecloth & all. Very nice. We had room to dance in our stateroom--and 6131 looks HUGE.

Re: motion: I am pretty sensitive to that & so we usually stay midships; this cruise was out of Tampa and we felt no motion at all. Having done 5 Southern Carib cruises, we've found that after hurricane season (ends Nov. 30), the sea down there tends to be flat water, especially if you are going out of San Juan; ideally you won't encounter issues.

The butler perks are nice; they will bring you cappucinos from Al Bacio! Just ask. Another perk is a free dinner in a specialty restaurant (usually the first night out--you may get more of those, depending on the length of your cruise). Your MDR companions (if any) will also be suite guests. But for us the main thing is the larger space in a sky suite--would not spring for a CC over a veranda unless the price was equivalent (which DOES happen sometimes). Enjoy!

Hi guys. When on Millenium Calss ships, we usually go for the Aqua Class rooms if the penthouse is not available (or way too expensive). The rooms are a little smaller than the Sky Suites, however, you get to eat in Blu, which for us, is a big plus. We really have enjoyed every meal we have had in Blu. The MDR is great also, but we enjoy the atmosphere and food much more in Blu. THey are mostly tables for two, which we prefer, and you only need to socialize with the people at the next table if you hit it off.

Enjoy your cruise !!

Greetings,

As you can see we are looking at the Summit, Southern Caribbean, and noted the 6131 Sky Suite looks to have a larger than normal balcony.

Any experiences with this one or other Sky Suites, trying to avoid the connecting doors, so this looked like a good alternative.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Wolf

We have enjoyed 6131 and 6132 several times and have found them both to be great . We had it for a Med cruise and for a Panama Canal cruise ( We felt as if we could just lean out and touch the folks in the towers).We have had lovely lunches and dinners with friends out on that great verandah. Just remember that the downside is that it has no cover. It was very hot in Mexico and we could not use the verandah much during the middle of the day. But go for it.

Archived