Live from Summit 11/24/12-12/1/12

gmros

IMG_9957.jpg

The bathroom tiles were dirty, but everything else was pretty clean.

IMG_9955.jpg

There were missing drinks in the "fridge", I hope they didn't charge us for them.

IMG_9972.jpg

Balcony is a decent size, chairs are comfortable.

IMG_9977.jpg

Internet was slow.

7:48am

ScreenShot2012-11-25at74839AM.png

9:27pm

ScreenShot2012-11-25at92714PM.png

DINNER: COSMOPOLITAN

We had Select dining and I tried to make reservations online before the cruise. I filled out the reservation form for each day, but when I called 2 days before embarkation, they said it didn't go through and it was too late to make reservations over the phone. As soon as we got on the ship on embarkation day, we went to Cosmopolitan Restaurant on Deck 5 to make a reservation. We were only allowed to make a reservation for the same day and the day after. If you can't make a reservation, it's okay. The wait is usually not that long even for a table for two.

We ate the same food from last April, but this time Escargot was part of the daily menu!

Daily Menu

IMG_0784.jpg

Tonight's Menu

IMG_0783.jpg

Escargot 3.5/5

IMG_9988.jpg

Below are our photos from our April 2012 trip, but with new comments

Cream of Wild Forest Mushroom Soup 3.5/5

IMG_3039.jpg

Aged Prim Rib of Beef (medium rare) 4/5

For some reason, it was even better the last time I had it in April

IMG_3043.jpg

Home-style Pork Chop 4/5

Still very good, but with mashed sweet potato and marshmallow on top, yum!

IMG_3044.jpg

Wow love your review and pictures! Is this food and menu from the first night? It looks delicious. I have reservations in Normandie the first night, it will be sad to miss it.

We are on the Dec 1 sailing, right after you. Can't wait!

Looking forward to more of your review and pictures.

I'm interested in the new Aqua Class cabins on Deck 11, AFT. We booked 1140 and our friends 1138, full transit Panama Canal cruise.

I'm more intersted in photos of the balconies. Also photos of Blu restaurant. Any pictures and information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Enjoy your cruise.

Bob

Apple Pie a la Mode 3/5

IMG_3046.jpg

QUESTIONS/REQUESTS

Thanks for the review! Looking forward to following along with you.

Can you give me the contact info for your trip in PR? Thanks!

We went with Natural Wonders PR. It's better to call them 787-384-6637 or 787-529-1047. Tell them Gail and John told you about them :).

Wow love your review and pictures! Is this food and menu from the first night? It looks delicious. I have reservations in Normandie the first night, it will be sad to miss it.

We are on the Dec 1 sailing, right after you. Can't wait!

Looking forward to more of your review and pictures.

Yes, that was the menu the first night. But don't worry, I think you'll love the Normandie too.

I'm interested in the new Aqua Class cabins on Deck 11, AFT. We booked 1140 and our friends 1138, full transit Panama Canal cruise.

I'm more intersted in photos of the balconies. Also photos of Blu restaurant. Any pictures and information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Enjoy your cruise.

Bob

We are on a regular balcony cabin so I don't have any photos for you. However, we're doing a cabin crawl on Thursday, I'll see if I can take some photos for you.

UP NEXT: ST. CROIX

IMG_0800.jpg

QUESTIONS/REQUESTS

We went with Natural Wonders PR. It's better to call them 787-384-6637 or 787-529-1047. Tell them Gail and John told you about them :).

Thanks Gail. I definitely will. What was the timing of your excursion? We will be in PR the night before the sailing and are looking for something to do before we get on the ship. Thought we could drop the luggage off and go on an excursion after we do that.

Thanks Gail. I definitely will. What was the timing of your excursion? We will be in PR the night before the sailing and are looking for something to do before we get on the ship. Thought we could drop the luggage off and go on an excursion after we do that.

You're welcome Lisa. It was long for us, we left around 10:30am and got back to our hotel around 6pm. But you can ask them if it is possible to do the tour within your time. We took our time and did some extra stops that was why it took us that long.

NOVEMBER 25: ST. CROIX

Docked at Frederiksted, shuttle to Christiansted was $16 round trip. Ride was about half hour each way. To get a Christiansted shuttle, go to the blue tent marked "Christiansted" right outside the pier.

IMG_0800.jpg

Purchase your tickets and wait at one of the tents for a shuttle. Don't lose your ticket, it's your return trip ticket as well.

IMG_0790.jpg

Going back, you just have to look for the blue tent by the pier and wait for a shuttle.

IMG_0796.jpg

2-TANK SCUBA - ST. CROIX SCUBA

We went to Christiansted to dive with St. Croix SCUBA. Dive operation was fine. Boat was comfortable and allows for giant stride entry, no bathroom tho.

IMG_0793.jpg

There were 8 divers to 1 dive master. Staff were friendly. Dive master explained rental BCD before using it - it was the first time I've experienced it done which was nice. We dove West Wall at Salt River and Blue Hole, and we weren't very impressed. The water was also choppy and there was a bit of a surge.

You'll notice silt everywhere

M0012912.jpg

UP NEXT: ST. KITTS

IMG_0834.jpg

Hi gmros.

That's disappointing feedback on the diving in St. Croix. We are booked with Dive Experience on our December 8 cruise. Will you be diving in Dominica?

Have you checked out the band in Reflections? We are a large group traveling together hoping for a lively place to dance in the evenings.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Apple Pie a la Mode 3/5

IMG_3046.jpg

QUESTIONS/REQUESTS

Yes, that was the menu the first night. But don't worry, I think you'll love the Normandie too.

We are on a regular balcony cabin so I don't have any photos for you. However, we're doing a cabin crawl on Thursday, I'll see if I can take some photos for you.

UP NEXT: ST. CROIX

IMG_0800.jpg

Thanks

Bob

I'm sorry I'm so delayed with my "live from" report. I will continue when I get home today. In the meantime, here are pictures of Aquaclass cabin 1133 from our cabin crawl, thank you for CC member who shared his cabin with us.

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

NOVEMBER 26: ST. KITTS

There were a lot of shops right by the pier and I was able to get 6 magnets for $10. I forgot the name of the store, but when you come out of the building with arches, make a left.

IMG_0221copy.jpg

If you want your passport stamped, immigration is right in the building with arches.

IMG_0812.jpg

2-TANK SCUBA - PRODIVERS

I emailed Kenneth's Dive Center via their website, but they never responded. So we went with Prodivers for $95+tax or $110+tax including equipment plus $1.50 tourism tax. They picked us up with their boat by the pier at 12 noon, went to their dive shop right across the small bay to sign the waivers then went on our way to the dive sites. The captain was also the dive master/instructor. There was one dive master to 8 divers. There was another instructor and a dive student doing an advanced class. One staff stayed on the boat. The diving was definitely better than what we had in St. Croix. Sea life on the sites we went to were more abundant. All equipment includes a dive computer which was a plus for those who don't have one. I was a little disappointed about getting back to the boat. I am not very strong and sometimes need help pulling my equipment up back to the boat. When I was ready to board the boat, the staff that stayed on the boat was nowhere in site. I didn't want to wait so I threw my fins into the boat and tried to pull myself up with all the equipment. The staff showed up when I was halfway up. Same thing happened with the other divers, I decided to help and take their fins from them coz the staff was busy switching tanks. He should have done that after everybody was onboard, during our surface interval. Regardless, my husband and I enjoyed the dives.

IMG_0819.jpg

M0012986.jpg

M0012981.jpg

M0012965.jpg

DINNER - COSMOPOLITAN DINING ROOM

IMG_0854.jpg

Sesame Crusted Tuna Carpaccio 3/5

- didn't like the sauce on the sides, didn't taste the tuna much.

IMG_0849.jpg

Mediterranean Seafood Orzo 4/5

- it was better this time than last April

IMG_0851.jpg

last April

IMG_2305.jpg

Roasted Milk-fed Veal Chop 3.5/5

- my husband thought it was a little fatty

IMG_0850-1.jpg

We have ordered some items that we have had last April that you can find here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33402432&postcount=99

and here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33402477&postcount=100

UP NEXT: DOMINICA

IMG_9871copy.jpg

I'm sorry I'm gonna discontinue this "live from" thread. Instead, I'm gonna post a new thread with a review instead of both our Summit cruise from April and November 2012. I'm hoping to post something more organized for everyone. Thank you!

In the meantime, I have scanned Celebrity Today, Specials and other things from our November 2012 cruise and you can view them at:

Celebrity Today

http://www.ayleebits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SummitNov2012-Today.pdf

Specials

http://www.ayleebits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SummitNov2012-Specials.pdf

Miscellaneous (In the Spotlight, Packages, etc)

ttp://www.ayleebits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SummitNov2012-Miscellaneous.pdf

• 2 months later...
I'm sorry I'm gonna discontinue this "live from" thread. Instead, I'm gonna post a new thread with a review instead of both our Summit cruise from April and November 2012. I'm hoping to post something more organized for everyone. Thank you!

In the meantime, I have scanned Celebrity Today, Specials and other things from our November 2012 cruise and you can view them at:

Celebrity Today

http://www.ayleebits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SummitNov2012-Today.pdf

Specials

http://www.ayleebits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SummitNov2012-Specials.pdf

Miscellaneous (In the Spotlight, Packages, etc)

ttp://www.ayleebits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SummitNov2012-Miscellaneous.pdf

I've looked on your posts... but can't find anywhere more pics of food and menus :)!!! Let me know if you posted those somewhere else!

Archived