Sovereign of the Sea Embarkation Questions

We are sailing on the SOS on August 12th, 2005. There will be a group of four (possibly six) adults and three children (9, 7 and 3) wanting to get from a Disney resort hotel to Port Canaveral to board the ship. After the cruise, we will all want to get back to the Orlando airport for early afternoon (2 pm or so) flights.

I have two questions.

What is the best mode of transportation from a Disney hotel (Pop Culture or All Star Music) to the dock and then back to the airport after the cruise? Although Disney airport transfers are part of the package, I don't think we want to go back to the airport before going on to the port. I think an econoline van would be perfect for our group. What rental and/or livery companies are reliable?

What time would you suggest we try to arrive at the dock? I think the grandkids will be excited about the cruise but we don't want to get bogged down in long lines for boarding the ship.

If you are on the same cruise, stop by and say "Hello." We'll be the ones in the mouseears hats. :D

Thanks,

Les

Les,

If you want to drive from Orlando to PC you'll need to use a rental company that does one way rentals. I believe there are 3 in the Cocoa Beach area. I used Budget and it was the cheapest and it was fine. I believe Avis or Hertz and National also.

I'd get to the port about 10:30 or so. That's just about the time they start checking in for the cruise. I won't be on your trip but "Hello" anyway and have a good time.

Thanks for the feedback. With the size of our group, I wasn't really thinking about renting a vehicle to drive myself. Too much luggage for a minivan or large sedan. I was thinking more about a van with driver. Any suggestions on limo rental companies?

Les

Hello and good morning

I will agree with the other poster about the rental car and we also get there around 1030 but sometimes there is a line that early . If you dont want a line at all go to the port around 2pm and you will be able most of the time to walk right in get checked in and board the ship have a great day James

Thanks for the feedback. With the size of our group, I wasn't really thinking about renting a vehicle to drive myself. Too much luggage for a minivan or large sedan. I was thinking more about a van with driver. Any suggestions on limo rental companies?

Les

Hello Shirley we are just back from the Sovereign 5/23-5/27 and I saw alot of Art's Shuttle service vans there picking up people. Maybe someone who has used them before can get you a phone number. I hope this helps. I have a review coming soon, DW's cousin killed in car accident yesterday morning so that has put things on a halt. I hope you have a great cruise.

In late October we are doing the exact opposite of you. We are going from Port Canaveral to Disney's Pop Century. Our TA has us booked on Art's shuttle. The TA said others may be going to Disney as well and that the more people going, the cheaper the rate. For that reason, she suggested we don't prepay for shuttle but wait until that day.

We are prepaying Art's from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral.

We have free transportation from Disney back to Orlando Airport when we depart.

Just some thoughts to share with you.

In late October we are doing the exact opposite of you. We are going from Port Canaveral to Disney's Pop Century....

Maybe I could hijack a resort golf cart and leave it at the port for you to return to Pop Century. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip on Art's Shuttle. I found some discounts for limo and van service on mousesavers.com.

Les

We too are going on the Aug. 12th sailing. We're renting a car at the airport and leaving it at the Holiday Inn at Cocoa Beach(we are staying there 2 nights post-cruise). It was actually cheaper than the shuttle services we looked into. Hope to see you on board!

Archived